Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a Tundra for a long time and just haven't found one in my price range. A buddy of mine has one a 2000 SR5 with 300,000 miles. He has only put about 10,000 on it with no problems. It runs and looks amazing, but I'm wondering how concerned I should be about the mileage. I would be trading him for a jeep that I value at about $6,000. Not knowing the history, I would plan on doing a water pump and timing belt right away. Thanks for any input. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Truck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
These things will run until they die, however, you need to check all components such as the suspension, drive train, paint, steering box, ya know- things that will cost you some dough done the road. 300 thou is alot of miles, also to consider if the miles were highway, offroad, that would make a big difference. If your jeep is mechanically the same and he has to put money into it, no biggie. But if you're trading him something that needs no work at all- he might be getting the better end of the deal. You could probably do better taking that jeep to a Toyota dealer and buy a used Tundra (newer year) with a lot less miles. My 2 cents worth, good luck either way

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am going to take a closer look at it today. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to add any money at this time. The Tundra is in better shape, just has a lot more miles. I'll check out everything you suggested.

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts