Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
My 17 was reading 35 % +/- and unless I was having running or "driveability" issues it wouldn't be covered by warranty. I paid to have the reset and relearn. Mine started out at zero for a while now is varying between 18-27%. I also only use E10 or ethanol free. I may go back and have it redone... They said sometimes it takes a couple trys to get it right although I don't think they really know what's causing it in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Did the dealer tell you that before 12/2019? If so, Toyota released a new TSB on how to tackle this problem. They replace the entire fuel pump assembly. You may want to pay them another visit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This was after December... I mentioned the tsb but without "driveability" issues they said this was the course of action. Do you have tsb number by chance?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you for posting that. I will keep it handy. I know they won't perform this replacement without the truck having any stored codes and /or showing the hard/extended start symptoms. But if my pump is truly defective, I hope it shows up within this extended warranty period. I was really getting concerned since my factory 3 year warranty is almost up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just had to have my fuel pump replaced in my 2017 flex fuel sr5 cm. Truck would hard crank start and would only get running after a few tries, overall idle, rev and other fuel issues. Basically ran like crap. Service Nox Vidmate VLC manager told me they were an issue from the day the truck rolled off the line and are only replacing them if there is customer concern. It is a problem with identifying the new fuels and setting the system accordingly. Anyone with a newer flex fuel Tundra should be taking it in to replace, they are all problematic.
My computer reads about 33% ethanol even though I only use E10 fuel all the time. I am not currently having issues, but I am watching things to make sure i can have it covered under warranty if I develop issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How is everybody reading their ethanol percentages?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fuel pump recall:
My 2019 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L SR5 TRD Sport 4x4 was just recalled over the low pressure fuel pump. The dealer replaced it last week. It had been running fine but the recall notice said there were potential problems with those low pressure fuel pumps. So I had the fuel pump replaced along with my 15K maintenance service the same morning.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts