Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,572 Posts
T-SB-0166-19
Do you have a copy of the tsb? I can't find it online, and would like to read what years it affects.

Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Toyota came out with a TSB in late December for the E-85 equipped Tundra's, it evolves reprogramming the ECU and replacing the fuel pump and seals. The seals are on backorder due to the large amount of effected trucks.
Yes, thank you! That is exactly what I had done. It is an issue for all of the flex fuel Tundras, whether the faithful believe it or not!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Yes, thank you! That is exactly what I had done. It is an issue for all of the flex fuel Tundras, whether the faithful believe it or not!
I've owned Flex Fuel Tundras that never had an issue at all. In fact, for several years, it was almost impossible to buy a non flex fuel Tundra in the south. There were probably hundreds of thousands of flex fuels sold. The vast majority had no issue. At least Toyota is recognizing the issue with some of the fuel pumps. For years they've been replacing fuel pumps for those having issues. They must have narrowed it down to the seals in the fuel pumps.

Contrary to what you read. It is not a recall. It is service bulletin saying that if you have a specific issue and are getting a specific trouble code, please follow these guidelines for repair. Toyota is not replacing the seals on all flex fuel....fuel pumps.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Fuel pump recall:
Fuel pump recall:
I’m going to say I called it! Clearly Toyota has a big problem on their hands with this fuel pump issue. I don’t know if my issue is exactly the same as the language in the recall, but it obviously is in the same bag of problems they are having with their fuel pumps. Thanks for posting the link to this article rocky5000100.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I’m going to say I called it! Clearly Toyota has a big problem on their hands with this fuel pump issue. I don’t know if my issue is exactly the same as the language in the recall, but it obviously is in the same bag of problems they are having with their fuel pumps. Thanks for posting the link to this article rocky5000100.
Nope. You didn't call it. The recall is for low pressure fuel pumps and is not related to solely flex fuel pumps. It also is for very new models when the flex fuel issue has been around from since 2010 or so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nope. You didn't call it. The recall is for low pressure fuel pumps and is not related to solely flex fuel pumps. It also is for very new models when the flex fuel issue has been around from since 2010 or so.
You missed the point I’m making. Clearly there is quite a few problems with the fuel pumps, the flex fuel issue being just one of them. Also, I never said just the flex fuel pumps were having problems. Thanks for taking the time to misconstrue what I said and commenting on it though.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
You missed the point I’m making. Clearly there is quite a few problems with the fuel pumps, the flex fuel issue being just one of them. Also, I never said just the flex fuel pumps were having problems. Thanks for taking the time to misconstrue what I said and commenting on it though.
This thread is about a TSB related to flex fuels. You also said and I quote....

People can judge for themselves. Personally, I don't see how you can deny it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It’s a big conspiracy by Toyota to cut costs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This thread is about a TSB related to flex fuels. You also said and I quote....

People can judge for themselves. Personally, I don't see how you can deny it.
I don’t have to deny anything I said that you are taking out of context. The quote about having the same thing done was referring to a tsb Toyota put out in December. Actually read what is getting said in these posts. And Please stop trolling me!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I don’t have to deny anything I said that you are taking out of context. The quote about having the same thing done was referring to a tsb Toyota put out in December. Actually read what is getting said in these posts. And Please stop trolling me!
I'm not trolling you. Just saying you "didn't call it". Bye.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've owned Flex Fuel Tundras that never had an issue at all. In fact, for several years, it was almost impossible to buy a non flex fuel Tundra in the south. There were probably hundreds of thousands of flex fuels sold. The vast majority had no issue. At least Toyota is recognizing the issue with some of the fuel pumps. For years they've been replacing fuel pumps for those having issues. They must have narrowed it down to the seals in the fuel pumps.

Contrary to what you read. It is not a recall. It is service bulletin saying that if you have a specific issue and are getting a specific trouble code, please follow these guidelines for repair. Toyota is not replacing the seals on all flex fuel....fuel pumps.
I have an 2018 , live in Maryland and bought the truck in Virginia How do i know if its flex fuel ??

21 - 35 of 35 Posts