Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Shot in the dark

911 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  joshjohnbaun 
#1 ·
Ok, I know this is a long shot but who knows, maybe someone has had the same problem.

Just somewhat recently something in my front end has started making a loud metal on metal screaching noise. It happens when I have wheels at almost full crank facing down hill... or turning out of a parking lot or whatever and hit a bump... basically when wheels are turned hitting a bump, or stopping and going to reverse.

brake pads/rotors are fine
No visible metal on metal rubbing?
Im in camp for another week so im just trying to get some suggestions as to what it could be, its annoying and embarrassing haha

Any one?

Thanks

Josh

#2 ·
Stock wheels, tires, and suspension?

Sorry if it's listed in your signature, can't see it on Autoguide app

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Check and make sure all ball joints and tie rod ends are serviceable and greased. Check for loose hardware. Remove dead midgets from under carriage, and wash thoroughly

Reactions: joshjohnbaun
#6 ·
all good ideas! I will have to do a little more investigating when im home! I just had a quick look this past weekend out in the bush.

Ive never had factory wheels/tires or suspension so I cant reallly blame it on that change. I was thinking something to do with either bump stops or steering stops, ill have to look closer when im back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.