Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the cheapest way to ship a supercharger? I can't find anything reasonable. Does anyone know how some of the eBay sellers are shipping for $60-$80??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Dude..... open ONE thread and ask your questions there.

IMO, if you are concerned about $100 shipping then you just need to walk away from this damaged SC.... the cost of the whole thing is going to be like $6000.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't concerned about $100 I was concerned about what I found which was $800.

Sorry about the extra threads, I wasn't sure if I should have had the one and just add questions or since it was a different topic, make a new one.

Either way, I knew the overall cost is about 6k I just saw no reason to pay $800 in shipping and was simply asking if anyone knew any methods of shipping that would be cheaper.

'Preciate it.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
If he is asking $800 to ship, something is severely wrong.... unless its like overseas or something.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The way uou worded it sounded like you were concerned about a small amount.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it's cool. I was looking up shipping quotes myself at places like UPS and FedEx. The guy was talking about putting it in a small crate and shipping it, weight being around 100lbs. The estimated price the website gave me was like $776. It just seemed high when I looked over what the shopping on eBay was....

I still probably should have put this whole thread with my other one.....

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
320 Posts
When shipping vis UPS, FedEx, etc, as an individual we get shafted, the cost for a business to ship the same package is typically 1/4 or lees of that price.

Become friends with someone with a business that does internet sales and have them ship it for you.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
USPS Parcel Post. You may receive it by the end of the year. And hopefully not in pieces.:D

It's a tactic that some sellers are doing to avoid paying ebay large percentage of the sell price. They put a merchandise for bid or sale for super low price. But then, the shipping and handling is where they make the money. Ebay does not charge or take percentage of money paid to sellers on shipping and handling.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha yeah I actually don't care how long it takes. I'm about to go back to work and I'll be offshore for a month so that's not an issue. I wasn't sure if USPS carried things that heavy.

I always wondered why eBay sellers had the prices backwards like that. High shipping low but price.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Also try a freight forwarder. Maybe UPS oversized? You want it to go ground (surface mail). I think USPS surface mail (parcel post) is the cheapest.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
It cost me 995.00 to ship a car from Orlando, FL to Colorado Springs.

I would check hot shot companies. You would be amazed on how cheap you can get loads shipped for. Use them all the time for my organization.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
You want to look for a freight forwarder that can consolidate your load with other things they are carrying. Check "Approved Freight Forwarders". I think they have west coast locations.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts