Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Has anyone had any experience shipping wheels and tires via UPS/FEDEX?
I have an offer on my wheels and tires , but it would require shipping from WA to WY and im thinking these would have to go on a pallet and be sent as freight ==$$.
Any ideas / info would be great .
I just received my new Methods in individual boxes from a company, FedEx Shipping . The wheels had a plastic ring around the front of the rim holding a square sheet of foam on. A piece of cardboard on top and bottom to make it thicker. Here's some pics, I hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I just received my new Methods in individual boxes from a company, FedEx Shipping . The wheels had a plastic ring around the front of the rim holding a square sheet of foam on. A piece of cardboard on top and bottom to make it thicker. Here's some pics, I hope this helps.

By the way, sent wrong finish of wheels. Working on the return details now.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I bought a set from DT Direct. They wrapped double thick cardboard on the side of each, banded on.

Weight was 110 lbs each. Not sure cost.

But, they made it unscathed.

They also shipped a tire on it's own as a replacement... That was around 82lbs shipping weight. Also made it fine, they just shrink wrapped the shit out of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an offer on my wheels and tires , but it would require shipping from WA to WY and im thinking these would have to go on a pallet and be sent as freight ==$$.
Yes, a complete hassle.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am a wheel and more so tire...freak. I've shipped and receive them all.

Bare wheels, always boxed and wheels well wrapped for protection. ($30-50 per box typically)

Bare tires, label directly on the tire, no box. ($25-40 per, depending on size and weight)

Wheel/Tire combo. Front and back covered with round cardboard. Tape the hell out of the whole thing. Cost $50-60 per.

I'm pretty much over shipping tires/wheels/combos. It's a serious PITA and you make very little money for the effort.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
No one seems to have TRD's listed near me....
Too bad I'm not planning a trip down your way for a while.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am a wheel and more so tire...freak. I've shipped and receive them all.

Bare wheels, always boxed and wheels well wrapped for protection. ($30-50 per box typically)

Bare tires, label directly on the tire, no box. ($25-40 per, depending on size and weight)

Wheel/Tire combo. Front and back covered with round cardboard. Tape the hell out of the whole thing. Cost $50-60 per.

I'm pretty much over shipping tires/wheels/combos. It's a serious PITA and you make very little money for the effort.
Damn thats a lot :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
No one seems to have TRD's listed near me....

Too bad I'm not planning a trip down your way for a while.....

Not meaning to post whore but depending on when u come down this way (WA) I may have my TRDs available as I am looking at some methods as we speak.

PM me if interested please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Once, I bought a tire from DT Direct, and DHL did the shipping. I had to pay a lot, but they came fast and safe.
I live outside the US, so it was especially difficult to get the delivery in time, but they managed. I checked the tracking number every day on https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.com/de/, and it was always moving every day.
I also insured the package and had to pay a little more, but this way, I was sure that if something happened, I would get my money back. It is a nice thing, and I even think that it makes the delivery company care about your delivery more than the others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts