Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first toyota ever, the tundra shifter is the most ridiculous thing I've seen for an automatic. I cut about 5" off with a porta band and bought a shift nob from auto zone. Of course I couldn't put it in as it came, brushed silver, so I powder coated it flat black. Much better, and it doesn't block access to the storage nooks in the console like the oem one did.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Actually, I do like that "GD TuRD badge." GG, yours is just too plain looking like any Walmart brand, imo.

Reactions: Johnny 5 and 2010

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I do like that "GD TuRD badge." GG, yours is just too plain looking like any Walmart brand, imo.
So you need to let everyone who rides in the truck know that your shifter was "developed" by Toyota Racing Development? Where exactly do you "race" your Tundra? And now that I have done the "shifter mod", should I list it in my signature along with my window tint and floor mats like you?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
So you need to let everyone who rides in the truck know that your shifter was "developed" by Toyota Racing Development? Where exactly do you "race" your Tundra? And now that I have done the "shifter mod", should I list it in my signature along with my window tint and floor mats like you?
When was it a requirement that you race your truck in order to have a TRD emblem on your truck (or even on your shifter)? :dunno: Do you know something I don't? Educate me.

Reactions: Johnny 5 and 2010

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts

Reactions: Cruzrtwdgt

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Keep up that attitude, I am sure you will make lots of friends.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Someone peed in GGTundra's cornflakes this morning!

Shifter looks good bro!

Reactions: 2010

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Someone peed in GGTundra's cornflakes this morning!

Shifter looks good bro!
Haha. I prefer my cornflakes with piss instead of milk. To each his own. Friend making is not my forte, and I didn't jump into CHPhilo's thread, he jumped into mine. So nananabooboo. LOL.

I was gonna rethread the shaft, but the new knob came with a bushing and 3 set screws. If it doesn't hold up, then ill rethread and weld in the correct nut to the knob. I just figured most people would be able to handle this method of the mod without threading or welding. Here is a pic of how much I cut.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I cut about 3" and bought the knob from some import tuner site.
Did you thread yours or does it use set screws? I like the shape of that one, but do you think the badge can be removed without damaging it, or will it look stupid without it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts