1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
763 Posts
This appears to be the true dual set up that was sold as a TRD prouduct through Sparks Toyota. Is this now being sold as a non TRD product? It was known to be the best sounding system for the Tundra although a little louder than some like. The quality looks to be very high. Are you selling a TRD true duel new old stock? Are you manufacturing these to sell? Not really sure what you are after here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the winter season.... $770 shipped, and local pickup in northeast Dallas, Texas $700 even! Wayyyyy below website price.

Happy Holidays!!!
This appears to be the true dual set up that was sold as a TRD prouduct through Sparks Toyota. Is this now being sold as a non TRD product? It was known to be the best sounding system for the Tundra although a little louder than some like. The quality looks to be very high. Are you selling a TRD true duel new old stock? Are you manufacturing these to sell? Not really sure what you are after here.
This is my own product line, like you said it's extremely well built. The workmanship and craftsmanship is superb. I just wanted to get some input on the way it sounds because I know plenty of people out there have installed plenty of different brands. So far people that have this system have said that it is the perfect balance between loud when needed and quiet during highway drives.

·
Registered
763 Posts
For the winter season.... $770 shipped, and local pickup in northeast Dallas, Texas $700 even! Wayyyyy below website price.

Happy Holidays!!!

This is my own product line, like you said it's extremely well built. The workmanship and craftsmanship is superb. I just wanted to get some input on the way it sounds because I know plenty of people out there have installed plenty of different brands. So far people that have this system have said that it is the perfect balance between loud when needed and quiet during highway drives.
Amazing work! Wish I needed a new exhaust. I would buy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
#1. I've personally installed many hundreds of exhaust kits over the last 24 years, diesels, and gas trucks as well as cars, domestic made and Chinese, I get ad mailers from China for exhaust parts and kits and they look like yours.

#2. It's usually the TIG welding and polished "stainless" that is the giveaway, the Chinese are the only manufacturers typically that TIG weld the kits, maybe some of the real high end kits $2,000 plus might but its very labor intensive vs MIG welding. Also typically they never cut a gasket groove in their flanges when domestic or OEM does, so they have a tendency to leak because the customer thinks if they tighten the bolts real tight it will seal but it just warps the flanges. The polished "stainless", only the $1300 plus kits like Borla use 3xx series stainless even theirs has a flat finish, not polished because it is very labor intensive. If not sure which stainless you have just put a magnet on it, 4xx series is magnetic and 3xx series is not.

#3. Look on Ebay at the photos of the hundreds of tundra exhaust kits that are not OEM or domestic made, read the feedback, it usually indicates poor fitment and missing parts, that's not saying yours are like that. Usually $250-$400, including a knock-off flow master muffler for most of the Tundra. Typically the Chinese just copy the kits made here in the US, its pretty easy to do, I have some friends still in the business that have done just that and made lots of money.

Now having said all that you may have figured out a way to offer your kits at prices no other domestic manufacturer could come close to and more power to you for that, its still America. My material costs have gone up over 50-100% over the last 2 years, that's boxes, flanges, tubing both aluminized and stainless and any other misc parts such as hangars, gaskets and the like and shipping is a killer as well, yours at $70 is probably about right these days.

One piece of advice, as long as you are not drop shipping the kits, weigh each box and put the weight on the product label or even a weighed by whomever that weighed the box, we used to get complaints from some of the buyers of our diesel kits that the tip or tips were missing, we kept a record of the actual weight with and without and showed on the product label how much it weighed when shipped and it reduced or eliminated the scammers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts