Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to be in this section of the forum for once. Truck is a 08 4.7 with 170k miles and this is the first time something like this happens.

I got the p2442 code the other day, and the truck got stuck in limp mode. Cleared the code, was fine for a week and came back today. Ive read about a bypass module, but its over $300 and for that I can buy the a new pump and do it myself. But I will not waste my time on this if the bypass does the same thing.

Whats the cons for doing the bypass? In my mind thats just a band-aid fix and cant take care of the problem. We have smog inspection every other year here in Europe, but as long as they test it on hot engine Ill be fine?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
The P2442 is a "valve stuck open failure bank 2" so changing the pump would have no effect. The bypass will resolve the problem IF the valve is not already stuck open when you install it. With 2 failures already there is certainly a possibility it will fail again.
To answer your questions:
1) I have been running a bypass on my '07 since 2014 with no issues. Yes it is a band-aid fix but the AIP system is a design flaw so take your pick.
2) Your AIP only operates for 30 seconds at cold startup. After that it no effect at all.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 S/C
56 Posts
Doesmt this have an extended warranty sent out by toyota like 2 or 3 years ago??

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really? Ive read 10 years or 150k miles. Mine is 170k miles..
That might be it. I wasnt too sure of the numbers. Possibly call your local dealer and find out??

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Bypass it and be done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.