Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 SR5 Crewmax with TRD Offroad Package - The front seats are horrible compared to the 2013 DC. Hard, lack of support and arm rests (door and center console) are too far away to use comfortably. Has anyone here found a company that makes different/upgraded seats that are more comfortable for long drives? I spend 3-4 hours/day on the road and I'm at the point where I think I'm paying the entire mortgage for my chiropractor. I don't want to get rid of the truck yet, so looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been putting miles on toyotas for awhile now, my first ride was a t-100, and I loved that truck, still miss the ground clearance, the locking hubs, manual transfer case too. The seat sucked something awful, so I pulled it and ran a recaro seat for about 75K miles. That was awesome. It had heat, and ventilation which I loved to call assfan. There are a few companies that make brackets to retrofit seats, and then Recaro, Corbeau, and Cobra are big players in the aftermarket seat industry.
Bracket here
It is also possible to find Recaro seats in Subaru, Audis, Mercedes, and some Fords too, so a trip to the Junkyard or Ebay could harvest some nice seats. The biggest thing I can say having done this, is to find a dealer and sit in the actual seats, some folks like firm, some like support, some want aggressive bolsters. One other possible concern could be if there is a wiring harness under the seat and the seat is sensored, and that could be a challenge. I think in my 2015 there are airbags in the actual seat too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts