Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference in seat between crew and double cabs?
Bucket seats front on both.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
The difference between the DC and CM is the rear seats. The DC is bench which fold up, the CM is reclining buckets that don't fold.

·
Registered
716 Posts
As far as I can tell the front seats are identical. The rear seats are not even similar.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more guestion :)
On 2012 SR5 TRD is the driver and passenger seat adjustment electric on both seats?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
From the Toyota website:

SR5 Package -- Includes front bucket seats with 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support and 4-way adjustable front passenger seat

My '07 is the same way, power driver's seat and manual passenger's seat.

·
Registered
716 Posts
One more guestion :)
On 2012 SR5 TRD is the driver and passenger seat adjustment electric on both seats?

Thanks
On my 2012 CM only the driver seat is electric. I believe only the Limited trucks have both power seats.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks,
I'm ready to order seat covers :)
Are you replacing the cloth or getting covers to go over the cloth?

I'm still debating which way I want to go with this truck. I had the Clazzio covers on the last truck, and they were great, but I'm thinking of going replacement this time around.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like to put heating in them as well so I think that it would be better to replace not just slip overs. Do you have any in mind?
Clazzio was my choice as well but I still didn't push the trigger :)

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I just got my entire 2010 pwr. drivers seat and track and seat cover, basically everything, replaced due to frame excessive movement and the seat back popping when just resting on it. What I can tell you is WOW, what a difference in firmness and NO movement or noises whatsoever. Issue I see for you is in 2 years like me is how the seat cushions will wear down terribly like mine did and enough to creak and moan and sloppy movement of the seat in the track down below. If you put seat covers over the seat cushions, they may become too sloppy 2 years down the road not fitting tightly anymore. I sat in my new seat driving home last night and it was totally unbelievable how firm and quiet and supportive it was vs. my 2 year old seat cushions were so flat and worn down it felt like the seat was 20 years old, it was that bad. How can a seat cushion and track and seat frame wear down so much in 2 years is totally unheard of. I swear I sit 2 inches higher up in the seat with no sagging of the seat at all, very firm. Makes me think toyota has to go back to the drawing board and make a seat frame, track, and cushion to last and not deteriate so quickly. I may be heavier than most at 275lbs. but I am pretty easy on seats getting in and out and rarely adjust the seat. Maybe that is an issue since the seat in the same position for 2 years wore down the track over 2 years causing issues, but the seat cushion was so much firmer I couldn't believe it was my seat and never remember 2 years ago when new the seat cushion being that firm and supportive. Before new seat, I could push down on the corners of the seat cushion flattening it no problems. Now, I try pushing the seat cushion down on either side of the seat and it is pretty firm and hard to do.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I just got my entire 2010 pwr. drivers seat and track and seat cover, basically everything, replaced due to frame excessive movement and the seat back popping when just resting on it. What I can tell you is WOW, what a difference in firmness and NO movement or noises whatsoever. Issue I see for you is in 2 years like me is how the seat cushions will wear down terribly like mine did and enough to creak and moan and sloppy movement of the seat in the track down below. If you put seat covers over the seat cushions, they may become too sloppy 2 years down the road not fitting tightly anymore. I sat in my new seat driving home last night and it was totally unbelievable how firm and quiet and supportive it was vs. my 2 year old seat cushions were so flat and worn down it felt like the seat was 20 years old, it was that bad. How can a seat cushion and track and seat frame wear down so much in 2 years is totally unheard of. I swear I sit 2 inches higher up in the seat with no sagging of the seat at all, very firm. Makes me think toyota has to go back to the drawing board and make a seat frame, track, and cushion to last and not deteriate so quickly. I may be heavier than most at 275lbs. but I am pretty easy on seats getting in and out and rarely adjust the seat. Maybe that is an issue since the seat in the same position for 2 years wore down the track over 2 years causing issues, but the seat cushion was so much firmer I couldn't believe it was my seat and never remember 2 years ago when new the seat cushion being that firm and supportive. Before new seat, I could push down on the corners of the seat cushion flattening it no problems. Now, I try pushing the seat cushion down on either side of the seat and it is pretty firm and hard to do.

I noticed the same thing with my new truck vs. the Tundra I traded in. I expect the foam to deteriorate, especially since I'm 400 lbs. But the difference was night and day on stiffness.

The seat cover never gave me any issue though. It stayed put very well.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I like to put heating in them as well so I think that it would be better to replace not just slip overs. Do you have any in mind?
Clazzio was my choice as well but I still didn't push the trigger :)
I'm not big on heated seats, so that isn't an issue for me.

I'd like to do a Katzkin kit, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the $$$$.

I had the all-PVC Clazzios in my last truck and they were very nice. Everybody though it was leather. But for the black ones from Sparks they are quoting me 14 weeks delivery. I'm not sure I want to wait that long.

I've been cruising Ebay and some websites looking at leather kits, but the only brand I know anything about is Katzkin.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I noticed the same thing with my new truck vs. the Tundra I traded in. I expect the foam to deteriorate, especially since I'm 400 lbs. But the difference was night and day on stiffness.

The seat cover never gave me any issue though. It stayed put very well.

Maybe toyota needs to put a disclaimer on the tundra window stating, 'anybody over 250lbs. buyer beware your seat will not last more than 3 years without deteriorating with issues thru no fault of design whether it be seat cushion, frame, or track'.

How can a seat frame and cushioning get so matted down and jiggly making noises in only 2 years of driving with normal use? If I was Toyota, I would switch suppliers of frame/track and seat cushion immediately.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Maybe toyota needs to put a disclaimer on the tundra window stating, 'anybody over 250lbs. buyer beware your seat will not last more than 3 years without deteriorating with issues thru no fault of design whether it be seat cushion, frame, or track'.

How can a seat frame and cushioning get so matted down and jiggly making noises in only 2 years of driving with normal use? If I was Toyota, I would switch suppliers of frame/track and seat cushion immediately.
I had no issues with the seat frame or track or any noises. I just noticed significant difference in stiffness. And the Tundra is way better than my Dodge Ram was. In 3 years I went through 2 seat foam pieces. The steel frame would tear through the foam until I was sitting on just the frame. Dodge refused to warranty it and the service writer was downright insulting and actually told me to lose weight. I had an interesting call with Chrysler customer service after that.

I may weigh a lot, but I'm also the guy who can break arms and legs and crush skulls.....LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been cruising Ebay and some websites looking at leather kits, but the only brand I know anything about is Katzkin.
I purchase OEM leather off of ebay for $350 and installed myself. I had trouble with one of the headrests (my fault) so brought it to local shop.
The manufacturer was Auto Leather Inc. I was told by the local upholstery that the company was top of the line and was the only kits he would install in vehicles for years, far superior to katzkin's base leather kits. good luck..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm tempted to do heated seats specially on leather since it's not unusual in winter to have -10 to -25C early in the morning around here.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Bought truck in 07/07. I have a limited CM and the driver's seat is finally wearing through on the top side piece facing the door. It's where I slide out and apparently I must have cut it with something in my pocket getting out and now it's wearing out. Seat still has firmness. I will be getting heated seats for the rear seats when I buy the leather kit for all seats. I will be going with black instead of this grey.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts