Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm stuck and looking for a little help on this one. Just went through my 14 DC and installed a ton of sound deadening material and a nice componant set up and JL stealthbox. Been tuning it today and it's really starting to sound great.

Here's my problem, after putting the interior all back together my seat belt warning light is stuck on and beeping. All the connections under the seat are fine. Was trying to sort this out in my head and wondering if anyone has seen this before.

Here's my thoughts on this so far:

1. in removing and installing the seats, the sensor in the seat belt latch broke (if anyone has the wiring diagram for the seat, I can test it and confirm this theory)
2. a wire was some how mysteriously cut
3. when I removed the factory amp under the passenger seat, I did not reconnect the ground wire from the smaller plug that went into the amp. It's a ground, I wouldn't think they're related, but hey, Mr.T does weird things sometimes.
4. coccaine is a hell of a drug.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Reconnect the ground and see if that fixes it.
It might just be the ground for all connections in the seat..
Or perhaps you cut or pulled a wire out of a connector when you put it back together..

Did you disconnect the battery when you pulled the OEM amp and installed your stuff?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. No such luck. I'm thinking I'm going to have to pull seats. Disconnecting and reconnecting didn't do anything. And no, I did not disconnect the battery. All my current equipment is run from a separate power wire I ran. The new ground is off a large bolt next to the pass seat mount.

I can try checking continuity through the seat harness; the light will turn off when it sees a ground right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so here's where I'm at. It's related to the passenger seat. If I connect the passenger seatbelt the light turns off. Here's the thing, the airbag will turn on if I sit down without touching the belt. So, the seat sensors seem to be working independantly they're not working together. Now I'm super stumped.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
I'd look for a slightly misaligned/bent pin in a connector. I've had to check every connection I made in an install just to later find a bent pin in the connector I had just installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, very narrowed it down. No bent pins but theres a damaged wire or something on the seat. Had it working fine again then I tightened down the seat bolts and in the process of shifting it, it stopped working correctly. At least I know what to look for. Thanks for all the help dudes! I'll update in a few days when I have more time to spend on this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.