Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that more of a tuning issue as to a mechanical choice for the exhaust? 2.5" vs 3" with tune/LTs/x-pipe to consider on a 5.7L crewmax. Let me know your thoughts or if I forgot anything. Just trying to get a build lined out for income tax time next year.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Exhaust diameter can be too large, which can cause loss of low-end torque.

There are also mufflers that aid in scavenging, like Aero Turbine, also Jones, which is the same as Aero, just not as fancy looking, and cheaper.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Much thanks!! Will be reading this shortly.
If you would like to talk directly to the author of that post, that would be Keith @dirtydeeds

Dirty Deeds Industries - Performance Sound without the Drone

Products Archive - DIRTY DEEDS INDUSTRIES

Give him a call and he would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Phone: 760-877-4234 | M-F 9am-5pm PST
Email: [email protected]

I have dual in 10" mufflers single out with his Helmholtz resonator and I'm very happy with the product and his customer service..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I will give him a call when tax season comes back around. Just been researching and seeing what my best option is for my truck.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Some headers can be built with a smaller diameter cone inside the beginning of each tube / where it meets the engine. then right after the cone the exhaust enjoys the full large diameter of the tube.

The swirling effect at the end of the cone inside the header tube scavenges quite well and the slight "choke" makes up the torque lossed with large diameter headers .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts