Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been towing a lot of miles this summer (~6.5K loaded) and even on long steep grades in triple-digit temps I have yet to see the tranny gauge move. Now its not that I don't trust these fine factory Toyota gauges but I find it hard to believe that the tranny fluid is the same temp on the flats at 70F doing 55 mph as pulling 7% at 100+F doing 65. Granted the highest I've seen the coolant temp hit is 204. So....

Any updates on the Xgauge codes proven to work with our 5.7's? I love my SGII but its old and hasn't had the software upgrade done yet. Willing to spend the $25 but just curious if its worth my time to ship the unit away.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I've been towing a lot of miles this summer (~6.5K loaded) and even on long steep grades in triple-digit temps I have yet to see the tranny gauge move. Now its not that I don't trust these fine factory Toyota gauges but I find it hard to believe that the tranny fluid is the same temp on the flats at 70F doing 55 mph as pulling 7% at 100+F doing 65. Granted the highest I've seen the coolant temp hit is 204. So....

Any updates on the Xgauge codes proven to work with our 5.7's? I love my SGII but its old and hasn't had the software upgrade done yet. Willing to spend the $25 but just curious if its worth my time to ship the unit away.
Well here is my opinion. I bought mine over 1.5 years ago because they said they would have a tranny temp option soon and they had a group bye I got into over at tacomaterritory.com. Well needless to say there is still no tranny temp option. Not even for the Tacoma I bought the scanguage for in the first place. I think your money would be better spent in putting in your own tranny temp guage instead of purchasing a new scanguage in anticipation of a tranny temp option. I don't know if that will ever happen??? :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the info. Might still do the upgrade but sounds like the one thing I really want it to do right now isn't an option. BTW, I received this reply from the SG folks within hours of emailing them. It doesn't sound promising but at least they were prompt in getting back to me.

"We are currently in the middle of developing Toyota XGauge codes. When we have developed and perfected them we will post them on our website.

Thank You,

Cristina Bollinger
Linear Logic, LLC"

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just tacked mine onto the steering column with some velcro. As for usefulness it has really come in handy when trying to stretch a tank of gas. The unit has never been more than 5% in that regard. It also gives you real numbers for other things happening with the engine which can be cool to watch but really doesn't do much for me. Can also read/clear codes though I've never had to use this option. As mentioned above I wish it would report tranny temp.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Trans temp ScanGauge Code

This news may be old but for those who have the SC it will work fine with the Tundra.

Transmission Temperature 07E021D9 032180000000 2810 00070064FE70 TFT Degrees F

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a Scangauge II, but want confirmation that it will indeed display transmission temps on the 2nd gen. Tundra. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a Scangauge II, but want confirmation that it will indeed display transmission temps on the 2nd gen. Tundra. Anyone know for sure?
Yes, it works.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts