Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few weeks I have been working with James DeLong of Linear Logic on some new X-Gauge codes for the Tundra. I have been doing the testing for him, and we have had some success with them. James has given me permission to share the codes with the forum. The new codes we have are for Air/Fuel Ratio, Barometric Pressure, and Altitude. They should work on 05 and up Tundras. If there is any interest, I will post them here. James is working on some others, and he will be monitoring this forum so if there is anything you would like to see displayed in X-Gauge, post it here. He might also post some codes that are in development and ask for your feedback.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Please let me know if they work for you.
Tony
Tony, thanks for your help on this. I hope you guys are working on a transmission temp guage code because that is the only reason I bought this thing 3 years ago. I originally bought it for my Tacoma on the notion that a trans temp code would be available. This was stated from them. They were working on this code when I bought it. I have e-mailed those guys several times about this with no reply from them. Needless to say there was no code and as far as I know there is still no code for the trans temp on the Tacoma. What is up with that?

Anyways, please develop a transmission temperature code if possible. Thankyou. :cool:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Pardon my ignorance... but what are these codes... What does one do with the codes?
The X guage can be programmed for other guages if you know the codes that the computer in your vehicle uses for such guages. Modern cars/trucks monitor all kinds of stuff and if you know the codes they can be read by the scanguage. Click on the Scanguage link in my sig to learn more. :cool:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I tested them out today- all seem to work (tested at idle, not on the road yet). I programmed in the HP code too :D

We'll see how it works when I go to class monday afternoon! I'm starting to wish there were more than 4 display slots!

-Dave

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tested them out today- all seem to work (tested at idle, not on the road yet). I programmed in the HP code too :D

We'll see how it works when I go to class monday afternoon! I'm starting to wish there were more than 4 display slots!

-Dave
Great Dave!! I'm glad they worked for you. Hopefully we will get some more soon. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I took the truck out for a road test- everything works fine, though the altitude gauge doesn't seem to be very accurate- jumps from 273 to 548 with no stops in between. Must be the nature of the sensor. AF is fun- you can see your gas mileage go up when it switches from 10.5 to 14.5 :D

-Dave

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took the truck out for a road test- everything works fine, though the altitude gauge doesn't seem to be very accurate- jumps from 273 to 548 with no stops in between. Must be the nature of the sensor. AF is fun- you can see your gas mileage go up when it switches from 10.5 to 14.5 :D

-Dave
It's only going to be a rough calculation of your current altitude since it doesn't take into account what the temperature is and reports in steps of 274 feet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is weird.

The ALT reads consistently low, by about 800 feet. PSI reads a constant '12' and only in certain gauge positions, upper left and lower right. Does not work at all in the other two. Drove from 5,000 feet to sea level and back yesterday, did not change from 12. AFL seems to work OK in all positions. A/F only seems to work if AFL is also showing. Does not work if AFL not displayed.

Double checked all the input values several times, so that's not it.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is weird.

The ALT reads consistently low, by about 800 feet. PSI reads a constant '12' and only in certain gauge positions, upper left and lower right. Does not work at all in the other two. Drove from 5,000 feet to sea level and back yesterday, did not change from 12. AFL seems to work OK in all positions. A/F only seems to work if AFL is also showing. Does not work if AFL not displayed.

Double checked all the input values several times, so that's not it.
What year is your truck Dave? These codes will only work on 05+ when Toyota started using the CAN protocol which these codes are based on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts