Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little Saturday morning fun. I even talked my fiancee into helping me.

Products used:

Zymol wash, Meguair's Ultimate Wax (synthetic) topped with #26. Griot's Interior, Invisible Shield Glass, & Beyond Black tire dressing.

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what happens when you use too much wax:

·
Registered
13,566 Posts
Looks good...
P.S. It snowed again today here. Literally like a blizzard in April, actually stuck to the ground for about 45 seconds, by the time I grabbed my phone to take a pic it lightened up and melted already.

I WISH I could actually wash and wax mine... lol

Did you Pd your bumper(s)? I am curious as to what wax on pd does, if it makes haze like on more porous plastics...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you Pd your bumper(s)? I am curious as to what wax on pd does, if it makes haze like on more porous plastics...
No, they are matte vinyl wrapped. I actually use the Meguair's Ultimate on them and the plastic trim, and it works very nicely.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, just washed the truck and the woman's car, and put 2 coats PL on the Tundra, 1 coat PL and topped with Collinite's 845 on hers. I was originally going to top the truck with 845, but somewhere in the back of my mind I'm getting a nagging to do #26, so what do you guys think? You only have about 30 minutes!

So the choices are top PL with:

1) Meg's #26
2) Collinite's 845

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Screw it, how about a little bit of both. ;)

Anyone put Power Lock on their windows?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Screw it, how about a little bit of both. ;)

Anyone put Power Lock on their windows?
On advice from Jumbo Jet, I have and just did it again this AM. Works fine...I should have tried UPP because that seems even slicker...

The only thing I wonder is how long it lasts once you start using wiper fluid...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just put a little on the rear windows to try it out.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
I put PL on windows every time I put a layer on a car or truck. No problems at all doing that. Have fun with it, put it on everything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts