Premium Member
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
1 bad toy

Pics or it didn't happen.
here are some pics of whats in side and if you wish you can call Clayton @TOYOTA of Lewisville in TX and he can fill you all in on what going on

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
here are some pics of whats in side and if you wish you can call Clayton @TOYOTA of Lewisville in TX and he can fill you all in on what going on
Looking good. What cylinder sleeves did you go with?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you have TOYOTA build the engine, or are they just going to snap the bell housing bolts off installing it? I would/could never trust a dealer to do anything more than a reflash or a power window switch. I have had my truck to three different dealers 5 times for a driveline noise that neither shop could diag correctly. $40 later and new ujoints do the job a differential, transmission, and both wheel bearings should have done.

No need to call CLAYTON @ Toyota of anywhere...You have for sure 657hp now.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Did you have TOYOTA build the engine, or are they just going to snap the bell housing bolts off installing it? I would/could never trust a dealer to do anything more than a reflash or a power window switch. I have had my truck to three different dealers 5 times for a driveline noise that neither shop could diag correctly. $40 later and new ujoints do the job a differential, transmission, and both wheel bearings should have done.

No need to call CLAYTON @ Toyota of anywhere...You have for sure 657hp now.
Its all about finding the right Toyota Tech to be honest with you. One of my great buddies is a Toyota Tech and he gives it to me straight every time i go in for service or for something wrong. He fixes it right and does it right the first time around. He built up his frs with all forged internals, and forced stupid amounts of boost down its throat right there in Toyota's shop all with very pleasing results. I wouldn't give every Toyota dealer a bad rep, they might have some very capable performance techs back there. Keyword might. Now on the contrary, there are some real shit heads working on our vehicles, needless to say i haven't had to deal with one of those working on my truck yet, but still. Just food for thought. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well I have had to deal with one of those techs unfortunately, and that on top of the fact that they can not diag for shyt leads me to where I am in my dealership experiences. Had my diff replaced and the tech did absolutely nothing to clear the metal shavings from the axle housing. Metal particles in bearings of a brand new $2000 part=pissed. I dismantled the whole diff the next week and pressure washed the damned thing out because they would not do it and she is good as new.

On topic...What are you planning on using to tune it?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
1 bad toy

Well I have had to deal with one of those techs unfortunately, and that on top of the fact that they can not diag for shyt leads me to where I am in my dealership experiences. Had my diff replaced and the tech did absolutely nothing to clear the metal shavings from the axle housing. Metal particles in bearings of a brand new $2000 part=pissed. I dismantled the whole diff the next week and pressure washed the damned thing out because they would not do it and she is good as new.

On topic...What are you planning on using to tune it?
we are going to put a AEM stand alone on it and just stopped by today to see it run for the first time !!! it sounds great .. I will let you all now more after some tuning is done !!!:

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
we are going to put a AEM stand alone on it and just stopped by today to see it run for the first time !!! it sounds great .. I will let you all now more after some tuning is done !!!:
Which exact AEM stand alone are you using and how are you interfacing (connecting) it to the engine? I've seen a modified engine harness being done, I'm curious on your set up..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
1 bad toy

Which exact AEM stand alone are you using and how are you interfacing (connecting) it to the engine? I've seen a modified engine harness being done, I'm curious on your set up..
I don't now to much about it yet !1 all I no is that they had a special pin harness made and going to use that once I take it to the tuner I will now more on what going to be done !!!

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
I don't now to much about it yet !1 all I no is that they had a special pin harness made and going to use that once I take it to the tuner I will now more on what going to be done !!!
When you see the AEM model and harness, post a picture of it! Thx!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
1 bad toy

will do !!!
will we got if worked out come to find out the block from LA sleeves was not straight that's what caused the head gaskets to leak .. we water tested it this time and all is good !! so we should be getting rebuilt and should be running again SOON !!! will keep you posted !!!

361 - 380 of 481 Posts