Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Crewmax
Long story short, i have all aftermarket housings and LED's just about in every light possible for 6+ months now. Coming back from San Diego over the holiday weekend and get pulled over because my back running lights not working. Officer was super nice BTW... anyway, not just the back running lights but the license plate lights, the fog lights, front flashers/DRL's. Headlights work, reverse lights work, brake lights work, back signal lights work, 3rd brake lights work. The fuse was blown on the turn signals, fixed that and now ONE front signal light works.

Took it to Toyota and they said i need to put all the stock back in because the computer is having problems. ECM is not bad. They said they have seen this quite a bit.

Is this common? anyone else run into this?

Help!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I'm in the same boat. While I was installing new headlights, I shorted out a relay or a fuse for the running lights. Every other light works though, as they should. I'll be checking out the fuse under the hood and under the driver side kick panel today as well as the bulbs and sockets. If someone has another idea of suggestion I'm listening.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
All fuses tested out good as well as all the bulbs.
I can get all the running lights to come on if I run a short jumper wire form the battery positive post to the green power supply wire on the driver side marker light. But doing that bypasses the switch control on the steering column, making them always on. So can it be the light switch control that shorted out on the starring column? The dash lights up still when I twist it to the running light position, just no running lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found mine. 15amp fuse under the dash. Replaced it and all my running lights are working fine. Damn Toyota dealership I've been going to for 14 years told me to put it all back to stock and it would work...
had I done that, it still wouldn't be working and I would be out some cash all for a $.05 fuse.
I'm new to the vehicle electrical stuff unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found mine. 15amp fuse under the dash. Replaced it and all my running lights are working fine. Damn Toyota dealership I've been going to for 14 years told me to put it all back to stock and it would work...
had I done that, it still wouldn't be working and I would be out some cash all for a $.05 fuse.
I'm new to the vehicle electrical stuff unfortunately.
Do you remember what fuse exactly you changed? I’m having the same problem with my 17 tundra

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you remember what fuse exactly you changed? I’m having the same problem with my 17 tundra
Jake- I have a 2016 Crew Max. It’s under the steering wheel components. Directly above the hood latch release as mentioned in the previous post. Check Youtube videos if still confused. I had the exact same issue as original thread and the #15 fuse replacement did the trick. It’s labeled on the little fuse panel cover as TAIL Make sure to buy the LOW PROFILE 15 miniature fuses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts