Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a cheap set of nerf bars that are supposed to be 304 SS but they are already starting to rust after a few months. I want to get another set of bars/running boards that won't rust. I was looking at some of the Ionic models made from aircraft aluminum, since they won't rust. Also, I'm not set on the Ionic brand, it just happened to be what I stumbled upon.

Here are a few models I was looking at:

Ionic Gladiator Black Running Boards | Nerf Bars | Truck steps
Ionic Billet Black Finish Running Boards | Nerf Bars | Truck Steps
Ionic Billet Brite Running Boards | Nerf Bars | Truck Steps
Westin Sure-Grip Running Boards | Truck Steps

Any thoughts? Feel free to PM if you prefer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It really depends on what look you want, are you going towards the look of a "running board" verses a "nerf bar"? If your having issues with rust, I would maybe recommend the 100% Stainless Steel Nerf bars we carry. Any of the boards you mentioned would be great as well if your wanting a board instead of a bar. Honestly, I would prefer to have a board on my vehicle, mostly because by nature they have a much larger and secure step pad and stepping area than a nerf bar offers.

Check these out when you get a chance too:

Ionic 3" 100% Stainless Steel Nerf Bars
These will come with 304 SS bars as well as brackets. Most SS nerf bars will only come with SS bars and galvanized brackets(some are powdercoated).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree with the points on getting the running board, as my wife actually uses it (vertically challenged) and various kids to step into the truck.

I think I'm going to go with the Ionic Gladiator!

Ionic Gladiator Black Running Boards | Nerf Bars | Truck steps
I think you(and your family) will be happy with that choice! We have several members here on these forums who have them on their Tundra's and they all have had nothing but good things to say. PM sent with our "forum" discounts inside! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I installed a set of the blacked out Sure-Grip boards on my 2011 DC. Really like them. Sorry no pics. Very easy to install.

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
For my needs the NFABs will not work. Lowered Tundra + Small Children.. I need running boards.. To bad the LIMITED style Toyota running boards are $1200.... The Westin Surgrips are a close second right now...

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts