Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I put a firestik stake antenna mount on the bed, routed the cable thru a convenient hole near the front of the bed, and then removed a rubber plug on the drivers side bottom of the back wall of the cab, thinking piece of cake getting the antenna cable into the cab. But I can't find the cable down there from the inside. Remove all the plastic on the wall behind the seat...can't find it.

Any recommend how I get the cable into the cab without drilling holes?

Steve
07 Limited

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
If you used the plug I'm thinking of it is down very low behind the rear seat about where the rear door trim ends. That's how I have the cable from my cap routed.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Don't forget to run grounding straps all over the pickup, and lots of them. I found a stake pocket mounted antenna to offer a very poor grounding plane, and be very disappointing in general.

This is a good write up on some of the challenges with grounding planes and vehicles in general:
Grounds, RF & DC

·
Registered
355 Posts
Don't forget to run grounding straps all over the pickup, and lots of them. I found a stake pocket mounted antenna to offer a very poor grounding plane, and be very disappointing in general.

This is a good write up on some of the challenges with grounding planes and vehicles in general:
Grounds, RF & DC
Ok I'm massively confused now. What if I mount an antenna on a fiberglass cab?
I just yesterday installed a fire dept radio and antenna UHF/VHF. I mounted the an antenna on to roof rack rails on my cap. I have not call dispatch yet for radio check but I am receiving good.
Will this install work or am I going to have to ground the antenna base?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts