Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 tundra trd offroad
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought and built the rough country diy tundra bumper kit. $450 from NTW. It says its for 2014 but it fit my 2012 almost perfect. If you know how to lay a good bead this kit should be no problem for you. The directions are straightforward and clear(except the provided instructions are black and white, use your phone for color, trust me!) and easy to follow.I took me 8 hours to remove original bumper, tack weld the kit together per instructions, install and verify fit, remove it, lay it on the bench and weld it all up. 2 more hours to grind and clean, then primed it with a rattle can and sprayed it factory body color from oriellys in a rattle can.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
589 Posts
That looks better than any other bumper I have seen mounted on a Tundra and provides as much clearance as possible. Nice work! Do they make a rear that matches the front? What gauge material is that? appears thin.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah I agree with 310z, some of those aftermarket bumpers are too much But this looks awesome. Great job!

·
Registered
2012 tundra trd offroad
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks y’all! The factory bumper was too much like a snow plow, and most others are big and chunky too. Idk the exact gauge but thicker than 1/8”.

·
Registered
589 Posts
As good looking at that is I realized it was missing a radiator gaurd to protect the cooling equipment up front from possibly running into a deer, bear, elk. Then being stuck on the side of the road with leaking fluids. But that has potential.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Digging your bumper... Well done

·
Registered
2012 tundra trd offroad
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As good looking at that is I realized it was missing a radiator gaurd to protect the cooling equipment up front from possibly running into a deer, bear, elk. Then being stuck on the side of the road with leaking fluids. But that has potential.
The only thing im worried about hitting in my area is a prius or protesters in the road. No bears or elk in Tulsa Ok. And i think this bumper will make short work of either!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Reactions: Nwflboy

·
Registered
2012 CM SR5 5.7L 4WD
19 Posts
Only one thing is I'd want to get it chromed😊
Lol
I recently bought and built the rough country diy tundra bumper kit. $450 from NTW. It says its for 2014 but it fit my 2012 almost perfect. If you know how to lay a good bead this kit should be no problem for you. The directions are straightforward and clear(except the provided instructions are black and white, use your phone for color, trust me!) and easy to follow.I took me 8 hours to remove original bumper, tack weld the kit together per instructions, install and verify fit, remove it, lay it on the bench and weld it all up. 2 more hours to grind and clean, then primed it with a rattle can and sprayed it factory body color from oriellys in a rattle can. View attachment 887410
that looks great, would like great on my 2012 crew max 🤙🏻 You said you purchased from NTW? What is NTW?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chrome is for 1950s cars. I delete it wherever possible. Back bumper is next
And 60's and 70's and 80's😆. Early on painted bumpers depicted the cheapest models. In more modern times the monochromatic it was indicative of Latino influence. Car manufacturers turned to it because it was cheaper and easier to use plastic to hide safety features behind them. They eventually began the turn back to chrome because of demand.🤔 Everything old is new again and again and again.🤣

·
Registered
2012 CM SR5 5.7L 4WD
19 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts