Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered the Rough Country leveling kit for my 2010 DC. I spent all day today and night installing it. I got it in, except the front is now 1" higher than the back. I used the spacer plus one shim, which is supposed to come to right at 2 5/8". (2 1/4 + 3/8 for the shim....that is what their instructions say). Going off of measurements that would have made it as close to level as possible. Any ideas?

I also broke off an ABS sensor on the right front, so the ABS and TCS lights are on, plus the 4 HI light is flashing on the dash. I am very frustrated. Replacing the sensor is one thing, but I guess I will have to take the leveling kit back out. Even if I get rid of the shim I will still be a half inch high in the front. Is the 4HI light on because of the sensor being broken off?

· Premium Member
91 Posts
It's been shown that all tundras react differently to leveling kits by as much as one inch. I have the same exact kit on my truck, and used all the spacers to sit perfectly level. I would recommend getting Coachbuilder +2 shackles for the rear. It'll level it out the rest of the way AND give you a better ride. I got the +3 and love them. +2 shackles will give you right at 1 inch to 1.25 if I remember correctly. Sorry about the bad luck you had with the ABS sensor.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it aligned and it is more level after that. I measured it last night and it looks to be within a half inch of level. I need to find some level ground to measure it on to get a better idea.

The ABS sensor sucks to replace because of the cost, but I have a hookup at a Toyota dealership so I got it for employee cost basically. Problem is they ordered the one for the driver's side instead of the passenger side so now I get to call and reorder it.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So an update....

It SUCKS to break an ABS sensor. It was about $170 to replace, which was bad enough. I got home last night and decided I needed to go ahead and replace it since we are getting snow and ice in the next few days and it would be a good idea to have ABS, TCS, and 4WD, none of which work when the sensor is broken. I wish I would have taken a picture of what I was dealing with. The sensor was broken off just outside (1/16"-1/8") of where it plugs into the receptacle for the wiring harness. You have to release a plastic clip in the receptacle while pulling the broken piece of sensor out. I messed with that thing for at least an hour trying to get it free, and finally did with a small screwdriver to hold the plastic clip while pulling on the broken piece with pliers. Once that part was done it took me about three minutes to pull out the old sensor from the wheel hub, put the new one in, and plug the wiring harness in. No more lights on the dash, which is nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.