Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, the recommended tires size of 305 65 r18 by RC for the 3/2 spacer lift kit is an error. I find this out after ordering and now paying 20% restocking fee and ordering the correct size which was supposed to be 275 70 18. My confidence in Rough Country has dwindled to not even wanting to use their products.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
That 305/55/18 is very close to the same size as a 305/55/20, same width, .4" taller.
My dealership is putting 305/55/20 BFG KO2s on new Tundra TSS trucks with a 3" spacer lift.
But you can barely fit a finger tip between the tire and the UCA.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...what-i-saw-my-dealership-today-seriously.html

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...hip-says-no-problem-tire-size-305-55-r20.html

My TSS came stock with 285/55/20 with no lift.
I raised the front 2.5" and the rear1".
Going to try a 295/55/20 later this year.

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
452 Posts
Those sizes are Super close. was there a wheel offset listed? What wheels are you running? Did you try to run the tires? If they rubbed, where and did you try to trim anything?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The 305/65/18 will fit on the factory wheels with that lift, but will be close to the UCA. Were you trying to mount them on factory wheels or aftermarket? If they aren't factory, what are the specs on them?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
1) 305's are technically not recommended for the factory 18x8's (too wide) and as mentioned will be extremely close to the UCA's.
2) why would you get a spacer lift when you could get say 5100's for cheap and have a better quality lift?
3) That brand isn't really high quality, then again a spacer lift is a spacer lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.