Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they claim they will hit on their kit's knuckles, but the part that confuses me is why make the knuckles bigger? Seems kind of pointless, and frankly seems more like an offset issue. I don't get why a 17" rim would rub and an 18 wouldn't. Did they really make the margin of clearance THAT close? Any of y'all have 17's on a 6"? Or any upgraded spindle lift? I have a feeling it's one of those blanket statements from them because a few rims wouldn't work so therefore all 17's won't. Just like how most think our trucks can't fit 17's when really only two or three companies don't fit.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Looking at pictures from their install procedures it seems that the only part sticking out from the backing plate is the tie rod end, it is on top of the steering arm instead of under like stock. Made that way to keep angles good, but it does look that close

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great lol, oh well back to the drawing boards. I'm trying to get where I got some of my turning radius back cause right now I'm very limited lol. Wouldn't be a problem if I didn't live in this damned city

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Where are you hitting?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Cut 'em. socalsupertrucks.com has a body mount plate kit. I did them on my sequoia with a cut off wheel and a sawsall and then welded them on. The next truck I did I sent them to the body shop so they could plasma them off and then weld the plates on. Just make sure you cut far enough and paint over them when you are done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts