Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It started out as some research to what would keep my Tundra's paint protected from sulfur dioxide rain.

Great advice and expertise (thanks Mark) and several hundred dollars later, the paint has been corrected and protected.

For a first go around, I'm very happy and it is so slick, I'm sure I'll get another 5 mpg.

I also polished the headlights as they had some oxidation on them, because why not?

Here are the pics....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Products used:

Below applied with Griot's DA

Nanoskin for contaminant removal

Mezerna 1500 polish with LC Orange flat pad

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection with LC Blue flat pad

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been so long since it was new, I don't even remember how it looked!

I'm in Kona so Vog is an issue...

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Looks awesome! That beading shot is the money shot, I love it. One last tip if I may....spray a trim dressing like Stoners Trim Shone or Adams In and Out in the wheel wells. It really sets it off and makes it look finished. Everything else looks perfect. Nice work.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well of course you may....and thanks...

I haven't done anything to the wheels or tires yet but I'll get on those...

Also need to do something to the running boards...it looks like they have some rust on them...I'm thinking of just washing them and taking some steel wool to them and thensealing them...or is there a better way?

I was thinking about getting a 3" backing plate for the DA and some smaller pads...is that a good idea?

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Haha, you're a junkie now....congrats. The beading shots are nice!

Yeah, a 3" pad is a great idea. I have the 3" Griots DA and I use the crap out of it. Those smaller pads are perfect for the tight areas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts