Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know this is a real rookie question, but just throw me a bone if you don't mind. I have a 2006 V8 Tundra and its time for an oil change. Problem is I'm 1200 miles from home and I only trust one place to do it, because I'm that anal. So I'm gonna do it myself, I hope.

How difficult is it to find the oil plug? I haven't even been under it yet to look...its dark out. I'm assuming its as simple as taking out the plug, draining the oil out, plug goes back in, add the 6.5 quarts of oil back. Any thoughts/suggestions/tips/tricks are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
So I know this is a real rookie question, but just throw me a bone if you don't mind. I have a 2006 V8 Tundra and its time for an oil change. Problem is I'm 1200 miles from home and I only trust one place to do it, because I'm that anal. So I'm gonna do it myself, I hope.

How difficult is it to find the oil plug? I haven't even been under it yet to look...its dark out. I'm assuming its as simple as taking out the plug, draining the oil out, plug goes back in, add the 6.5 quarts of oil back. Any thoughts/suggestions/tips/tricks are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
dont take this the wrong way. but let someone do it for ya. Maybe you can watch and do the change after that on your own. You left out changing the filter. Its not your typical filter mind you. You need to know what your doing under there. They is a DIY thread here that will help also. But Like I said I would drive to someone closer and watch them do the change.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree that he should let someone do it for (or with) him the 1st time but actually it is a typical spin on filter on his '06 truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts