Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader first time poster :)

I have been looking for a roof rack for a while I have a 2011 CM Rock Warrior. I transport a 9 ft Ocean Kayak to the beach a couple times a year, so far I have been letting it hang out the back and my extang trifold cover keeps stuff pretty dry but I hate leaving my tailgate open with luggage etc. I would really like to get a rack for transporting the Yak whether it be on top of my truck or on top of my cover. With my extang I don't have but maybe an inch on each side of the bed rail so I don't think that is enough room to mount anything and I haven't seen anything that would work yet. Open to any suggestions I'm also not sure that trifold cover could support much weight . the kayak weighs 45 lbs but I haven't figured out any way to secure it to the trifold . I have looked at Yakimas and Thules to attach to the top but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. I am limited to about 6 inches in clearance for my garage so if I did something permanent on top I need it to be 6 inches or less. Anyone have any suggestions on something that would work with the extang or on top? I read a recent post regarding a ladder rack and the model trifold I had was not compatible but I wasn't sure if anyone had tried to mount any other type of rack system on the back with a trifold cover or if I should just buy something for the top. It has been so nice not having any noise from the kayak since I have owned the Tundra. Before with the Sequoia it was alsways a pretty noisy trip
thanks for any help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts