Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Rock Warrior Wheels Should I buy, or not?

21K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  WEthePEOPLE 
#1 ·
I found a set of Rock Warrior wheels on craigslist with BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A LT 285/70R17 121/08R M+S Tires for $725. I've been saving for Hoss' cause I really want black wheels but these seem like a really good price. Should I pull the trigger or not?

#4 ·
Dang Haters! I like my RW wheels. They are one of the reasons I bought my RW. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Rockstars and Monsters but hey, my stockers are cool.
I just ordered some new tires for them.
I am going to see about having the inside of the wheels painted flat black though.

#5 ·
Yeah, I think I'd regret not going with what I really want. I'm just not sure about 20's though, I'm not really a fan.

#6 ·
I'm not hating on the rw wheels. I loved mine

But to me they looked way to small for our ginormous trucks. Hell even the 37s on my truck look small....

#7 ·
Trucks with 20's make me wonder why you even buy a truck. The RW wheels are special. Lightweight and durable. Go for it, put a non spec heavy wheel on and tell us how it goes down the road. I love the look of black wheels but toyota did good with the RW wheels. Offroaders get the real advantage. More rubber, more tire options and did I say durable?

I love mine. Im keepin em. BTW they look like 16"s since you have that 1 inch ring

#8 ·
You do know that some Tundras are rolling on 20s from the factory. Anyway to the op Go with what you think looks good, but also consider a lift. I personally think lifts look better with bigger wheels

#9 ·
i love my stocks... but, only got to ride on them for 2 days before i swapped. i do too much city/highway driving to have year-round use for them so they're garaged until fall/winter or if i'm feeling saucy and wanna take it off road one of these days.

my 22s actually ride great thanks to 45 sidewalls, but the 305 width makes you feel everything.

#13 ·
You will have a much better selection of tires if you went with RW wheels... I havent checked but I bet tires for 17 in wheels are cheaper as well.

Never understood why it takes MORE rubber to make a tire to fit a 17 in wheel than it would a 18in wheel yet the latter of the two costs more. :banghead:

#17 ·
man, I do like the RW wheels but it looks like I hesitated too much (They sold). Anyways, I think I'll be very happy with the Hoss' once I get enough dough to pay for them. Thanks for everyones input!

#18 ·
20's DO look bad when the tire isn't big enough, 20's with a 37" tire looks great, the only time 20's look bad is when you have a low profile tire or even a 33" (maybe). MHO.

#19 ·
I'd like to find a set of RW wheels and tires for my truck. Any available out there??

#22 ·
Very soon. My new wheels and tires are here, but I can't get freed up long enough for the install. I will soon be offering my RW wheels with 315x70x17 BFG AT tires with about 12,000 miles along with stock running boards with mounting hardware. I am going to offer to split the drive for up to 100 miles for local pickup from Joplin, Mo.(extreme Southwest Missouri). My asking price for wheels, tires, and running boards is going to be $1000.00. Do not know if any of this helps you or when I can make this happen. Starting a new job Monday after working 7 in a row this week. Last problem is an issue with one of my 5100's that I need to address first. FWIW, I have run this setup...tires, wheels, and 5100's at 2.5 inches with no other modifications.
Take care,
Greg

#23 ·
Yeah, let me know when you are ready to sell. Are those the stock tires? I have a 2.5" lift in front, so I should be fine. You can email me at: ltpridemore@gmail.com. Thanks

#24 ·
Also, do you have pics?

#25 ·
2010 Crewmax Rock Warrior

I am planning on putting ICON stage 1 and Deaver rear springs, I want to keep my 17 inch TRD wheels, I am just curious if 305's are the largest tire I will be able to run without any other mods, possibly 35 x 12.5 x 17's anyone with a similar set up and opinions, I have searched on here and this is the closest thread I can seem to find on the 17 inch TRD's

Thanks and sorry if I am HiJacking.

#26 ·
At first I wanted the 20" rims but I went with the 18". I want that beefier look in the tire. I got TOYO MT's with 18" chrome AR rims and love the look. I do think the 20" look cool but I like the bigger looking tire better. Either way your truck is gonna look sweet.

#30 ·
Mine wheels are listed

My Rock Warrior wheels are now listed in the for sale area, but for now I am hoping for local pickup.
Take care,
Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.