Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the stock radio from a 2011 Rock Warrior with bluetooth play music from a bluetooth device wirelessly? I found a great deal on a stock h/u from a 2011 Rock Warrior that has bluetooth, and would like to upgrade my stock h/u from my 08 TRD SR5 if I can play my music from my iphone wirelessly and not have to use the aux in cable.

· Registered
41 Posts
Will the stock radio from a 2011 Rock Warrior with bluetooth play music from a bluetooth device wirelessly? I found a great deal on a stock h/u from a 2011 Rock Warrior that has bluetooth, and would like to upgrade my stock h/u from my 08 TRD SR5 if I can play my music from my iphone wirelessly and not have to use the aux in cable.
I do it all the time with my stock 2013 RW radio and my Android phone by putting the radio in Aux.

· Registered
421 Posts
awesome, is the sound quality better? because with the aux input line the sound is terrible and very low. im looking forward to this wireless bluetooth.
yes, generally it is better. However, it also depends on the quality of the music you're playing. Some songs on my phone play really crisp and clear, others have a slight vibration when the bass hits. My music isn't purchased through iTunes though :lol5:

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, generally it is better. However, it also depends on the quality of the music you're playing. Some songs on my phone play really crisp and clear, others have a slight vibration when the bass hits. My music isn't purchased through iTunes though :lol5:
Gotcha... Most of my music on my phone is from iTunes or CDs so quality is ok but even when I use pandora thru the aux input the sound is terrible.

· Registered
421 Posts
Are you talking about the wired AUX? Feedback could contribute depending on the phone. More likely though, its probably dirt/dust in either your phone port or the h/u port in the stereo. A few bursts of compressed air could help, also maybe try different aux cable??

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you talking about the wired AUX? Feedback could contribute depending on the phone. More likely though, its probably dirt/dust in either your phone port or the h/u port in the stereo. A few bursts of compressed air could help, also maybe try different aux cable??
Yea the port below the radio closer to the heat and ac controls. it's been like that since I got the truck. I have had multiple cables, phones, MP3 players and its all the same. Was like that in my Tacoma too. I have heard many others with the same complaint

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, will this radio hook up with the same wires and plugs that my current head unit uses? Or will I need to rewire? I also don't have any steering wheel controls so will I be able to use the Bluetooth functions without steering wheel controls?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.