Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post over here, but have been a reader off-and-on for a while (Aug 2011).

Many of you would probably enjoy my blog, RoadTraveler.net | Trucks, Motos, Travel, and Tech.

It's not only about Tundras, but recently I've made several posts about tires & wheels, mostly for a new Tundra.

I'd love to have your views and comments over there.

RoadTraveler.net Trucks, Motos, Travel, and Tech.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Odyssey PC1750

snip...
The 4.7L V8 4Runner isn't a daily driver, but it's driven occasionally and I knew the engine and battery were ready to roar. With the big gauge jumpers connected, it was time to climb into the Ford's cab, activate the glow-plug toggle and see what would happen...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2010 Tacoma & FlipPac Camper Tire Q&A

2010 Tacoma & FlipPac Camper Tire Q&A | RoadTraveler.net

Recently I received an email from Cliff with a few tire questions for the RoadTraveler (RT) blog. Below are his questions and my answers and comments, it's a long one...Tires, they're what's on the menu today ;)

Background provided by Cliff: I have a few questions I hope you wouldn’t mind answering. First some background; I daily drive a 2010 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a FlipPac camper and OME suspension. Living in the Eastern Sierra I spend a lot of time on 395 between Reno and Los Angeles but, also drive many miles of desert washboard roads including the Death Valley area. I currently have stock tires, which are due for replacement. I have decided to invest in two sets of wheels, highway and off road...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RoadTraveler’s 100,000 Mile Challenge Part 1

Life's been too busy to post to the blog for a few weeks...but I'm back.

RoadTraveler’s 100,000 Mile Challenge Part 1 | RoadTraveler.net

RoadTraveler’s 100,000 Mile Challenge Part 1

I’m not talking about an engine or chassis making it to 100,000 miles. The days when it was a major accomplishment for vehicles reach 100k without an engine overhaul or major repairs are in the history books. For decades now vehicles have been built to higher standards, are more reliable, and it’s no great achievement nor are bragging rights attached to driving to six digits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts