Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning on my way to work a van ran a red light making a turn and I never saw them due to the A pillar. I'm doing fine just sore and stiff in the neck and shoulder region. The truck on the other hand is done for. When I finally came to a stop hitting a traffic light pole I looked up and saw 3-4 Hispanics get out and take off... I got a phone call after I was released from the hospital from the police saying the caught the driver and was being booked into jail with INS on its way... Its gonna be a long process but hopefully I'll be able to find something suitable to drive.

White Rhino

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
So much for the "white tundras are faster" myth

Sent from my toilet.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow. Glad your ok. Yeah that's going to be a long drawn out process. Hope you can find a nice replacement truck.

That sucks man, but your alive and that's really all that matters at the moment.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
First, glad to hear you are doing okay and no serious in I hope you get to feeling better soon . Your truck took a beating I am surprised based on the damage you didn't get seriously hurt did the air bags go off and help ? Again glad your okay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok for the most part. Make sure you get that front rhino badge. It has to go on your next truck.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the badge was removed and will go on whatever i get next. The lights however have to stay on the truck due to rules and regs at the impound lot. So now the lights are in the hands of the insurance company. Really pissed about it too!!! Roughly $600 lost on light bar and lights.

White Rhino

·
Registered
100 Posts
That looks like it hurt. Didn't do the truck any good either. (smile)

Glad to hear you weren't seriously injured.

Have a better day,
Dave

·
Registered
386 Posts
Glad you're ok, saw your pics on Facebook. Was it a company truck? Was the van insured?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Wow that's some serious damage!

Really glad you're ok. A truck is replaceable. Your life is not.

GL with insurance, hope you see a new white rhino in the future!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
the badge was removed and will go on whatever i get next. The lights however have to stay on the truck due to rules and regs at the impound lot. So now the lights are in the hands of the insurance company. Really pissed about it too!!! Roughly $600 lost on light bar and lights.

White Rhino
Tow the truck to your house. Then you can do what you want with it. And no storage fees. you aren't suppose to change things after the insurance co. inspects it and is ready to cut you a check on it but they may not be willing to pay for the lights and other add ons.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Brother, so happy you are well. Get ya a new one with the insurance write off- at least ya got the Rigids to re-install. Sorry to see this.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Glad you are ok, truck on the other hand not so much. Must have been going pretty damn fast to cause that much damage.

Given your info on the occupants of the van you will have issues because most likely the van wasn't insured.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Glad your ok - Rigid posted the pics earlier. Wondered if it was someone on here.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts