Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know approximately what rim offset would be needed to get a similar look as the Tundra in this picture?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the input! From my research, I thought that in order to have the tire sticking out past the fender the off set had to be a negative number? Nailing down the perfect rim Off set for the look I want has proven to be pretty difficult because there seems to be so many variables between Mfgs, etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thx for the input! From my research, I thought that in order to have the tire sticking out past the fender the off set had to be a negative number? Nailing down the perfect rim Off set for the look I want has proven to be pretty difficult because there seems to be so many variables between Mfgs, etc.

Not true. Stock is +55 or so. That amount of "Poke" should probably be no less than a 0. I would highly suggest NOT going into the negatives on a Tundra.

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Yeah that looks like 0 offset. I think that's Craig's @N2Deep truck before he went Long Travel. I have 0 offset Method's on my truck and they stick out about 1.5-2".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does anybody know approximately what rim offset would be needed to get a similar look as the Tundra in this picture?

My is a +1mm offset. Just because it's a + offset doesn't mean it will be flush with the fender.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
My is a +1mm offset. Just because it's a + offset doesn't mean it will be flush with the fender.
Agree this this post!!! I'm almost identical looking as this one and I'm at +11

·
Premium Member
540 Posts

True, it has to be about +30 to be flush with the fender.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If it's a 9". A 20x12 will stick out further than a 20x9 if they have the same offset.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If it's a 9". A 20x12 will stick out further than a 20x9 if they have the same offset.[/QUOTE

Yes you can put in all sorts of variables for the correct measurements. If +30mm is about flush with the fender on a 9" wide rim. Remember you are counting in millimeters.
So might not see a big difference in a +1mm to +5mm or whichever way you go. This would be a great start point. I have a +1 offset and it measures about 2 1/2" out from the fender. Remember +mm offset sucks in the tire and -mm offset puts the wheels out farther.

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
Here's what my 18x9" +30mm look like with a 33x12.5" tire.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts