Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into replacing my factory for light with rigid industries dully2 led lights and the bracket that rigid make to hold them. Is Myone here running this combo? If so how do u like them? Thanx

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
Brockeverly is I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx jc I pm him And see

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Dually D2s are the bomb...

I have the dually D2s for both the front and the rear bumpers. They are super bright and efficient. I went with the 'driving' pattern vs. the dispersed pattern, and I am glad that I did. The D2s only draw a handful of amps, as opposed to the OEM fogs, and I rigged them up to the factory dial switch. I also like the ability to choose from a variety of snap-in filters available and adjust to varying conditions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

BWJ

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got them on the jk, for the price....eh....

I have a set of d2 spots, 1-dually flood, 1-dually spot, and 1-10" rigid specter and my hella 1000 black magics with 100 watt bulbs for a fraction of the price blow them away.

Cool factor yes, useable light per penny not so cool...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Oh and rigid bought out Tim that owned bdf fabrication and now they offer a fog light mount for oem locations and it works great. Shame the damn price doubled when rigid pitched him up but still a good product.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigwapitijohnny do you feel like the d2 throw light farther then the factory fogs with hid? i have hids and tired of them not lighting half the time. i have the reg rigids defussed for back up and love them

2010crewmax how did you feel the reg dullys work for fogs? do you wich your have the d2 like bigwapitijohnny? to have more light on road or further down the road?

thanx for the awesome pics and post so far guys

·
Registered
273 Posts
bigwapitijohnny do you feel like the d2 throw light farther then the factory fogs with hid? i have hids and tired of them not lighting half the time. i have the reg rigids defussed for back up and love them

thanx for the awesome pics and post so far guys
Bluebullit,

Glad to post up the pics...

I don't know what kind of OEM fogs I had with my truck. I suspect that my fogs were halogen. They turned on immediately vs. HID which usually take awhile...I can tell you that the D2s blow the factory fogs away. NO QUESTION. That being said, LED is a different light than that of the halogen. LEDs do not seem to 'penetrate' through the woods like halogens do. They tend to wash out at the first objects they hit. In snow and rain, I noticed that the light reflected off the drops / flakes more than the halogens...

I found the driving configuration better suited to my needs as they penetrated further than the diffused pattern did. Also, the removable filters in amber or blue helps. It is hard to explain this. Here are some pics of Halogen and LED lights. All pics are the same angle from above my roof. The Halogens are the 150W / 12V fyrlyts. The LEDs are the Rigid industries 40" light bar in the spot configuration. Treeline was 150 yds away...

Headlights

Headlights + Dually D2s

Headlights + Dually D2s + Fyrlyts

Headlights + Dually D2s + Fyrlyts + Rigid 40" LED light bar

I have since replaced the Fyrlyts with a 30" LED light bar...It is crazy bright and more efficient with the amperage...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

BWJ

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bigwapitijhonny thanx that helps a lot . But ur pic arnt showing up lol.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok guys so back to this subject to everyone that is running them and responded thanx. i guess my question is now will the dually flood better match the factory fog pattern or will it just not be bright enough ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts