Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I figured I'd start a build thread mainly to show share some photos and hopefully get some ideas/ thoughts on parts for what I want to do with my truck.

I bought it used in June 2015 with:
TRD S/C
TRD dual exhaust
3/1 ready lift leveling kit
Bilstein 5100s
Fuel Wheels
BFGoodrich 275/70/18 All Terrain KO2s on Fuel Hostage wheels.
Road Armor bumper w/ PIAA lights
Warn XD 9000 winch
Avital security system
Leer XR100 topper with THULE roof rack
along with some other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

Probably about a week after I bought the truck I went to Allenspark CO to visit a friend and explore. I decided to blast up a pretty smooth trail and let off the gas right at the crest which resulted in the front end slamming down and my drivers side shock blowing.

That resulted in me buying an OME kit from @dirtydeeds and shackles from @Coachbuilder1 as well as SPC/Light racing UCAs from Wheelers Off Road

Once I got the suspension all straightened out I got rock sliders and 3/16" skids for my truck from Budbuilt. I got an alignment and headed out to Nevada/ NorCal to do some off-roading with my cousin.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next on my list is to install the JBA long tube headers I got along with some mid pipes I have to order from Keith at Dirtydeeds.
I have already ordered the Bullydog GT Platinum.
Does anyone know of any better LCA bushings than stock? Mine squeak from time to time.

I would like to get some bigger tires and 17" wheels but I can't decide on a wheel. Right now I'm thinking about getting some RW wheels off CL and some wheel spacers to put some 33"-34" tires on.

When I have time in need to install switches for the PIAAs in the blank spots, install the iPod interface, and possibly rip out the aftermarket alarm. I also need to make a drawer for my sleeping area in the back and install some hinges as well as finish the floor.

Does anyone have any insight on what to do about the alarm? I have everything pulled apart because I think it wasn't letting me start my truck/ engaging the starter too long/ draining my battery. I tried to find the relay to jump for the ignition lock but its internal in the module. The reason I am on the fence with this is that it has remote start and a turbo timer function which I like when I have to leave my truck out of sight for 5 minutes. I might try and hook everything up again and see if it gives me anymore issues or buy a whole new kit and just use the module.

Reactions: Bitondo-Inc

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love Breckenridge!!! Done a couple motorcycle trips around that area. Came across a chick doing a nude photo shoot up there, I was happy my buddies tire was flat and had to stop:)
hahaha thats sick!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Love Breckenridge!!! Done a couple motorcycle trips around that area. Came across a chick doing a nude photo shoot up there, I was happy my buddies tire was flat and had to stop:)
You know what they say, pictures or didn't happen. :D

Nice truck, OP.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered my mid pipes and Bullydog tuner. Just gotta find time to paint the headers and install everything. I'm hoping I'll have my back living area sorted out a bit more and the headers and mid pipes installed before I drive out to Arizona in March.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry no pic's of her, would've been a little awkward. We were coasting the bikes so no engines running and pulled to a stop about 3 feet from the hood of the car. She looked at us, we looked at her then asked if they mind us fixing the tire here. They said no problem at all, took a few more pic's, changed some clothes and kept on posing. Longest tire change ever. When we got the gas station our boss asked what took us so long to repair a flat.

She was totally worth it, just gorgeous! Wearing only a NF parka un-zipped and spread eagle on the hood.

The question is, was she worthy? >:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I last updated this thread I've done a few things.
Installed the JBA headers, @dirtydeeds midpipes and tailpipes. If anyone wants my TRD pipes, the right side is bent a bit and the flanges are cut off both sides.
Installed an Aluminess rear bumper (Still have to install the LED work lights)
The OME shocks in the front recently were replaced under warranty because the isolator on the drivers side gave out and allowed the shock to rub and wear.
I added some Icon leafs to the rear leaf pack to help level it out a bit more and help with towing.

My BFG AT KO2s are getting low and I'd like to move to a 17" wheel and get rid of my Fuel Hostages.
So I'm looking at getting some TRD RockWarrior wheels and a set of Kenda Kevlar A/Ts and probably some wheel spacers.
Are the RW wheels 8" wide? Whats the largest tire you can fit with an OME kit and stock fenders? Looking at 315/70/R17

·
Registered
39 Posts
Since I last updated this thread I've done a few things.
Installed the JBA headers, @dirtydeeds midpipes and tailpipes. If anyone wants my TRD pipes, the right side is bent a bit and the flanges are cut off both sides.
Installed an Aluminess rear bumper (Still have to install the LED work lights)
The OME shocks in the front recently were replaced under warranty because the isolator on the drivers side gave out and allowed the shock to rub and wear.
I added some Icon leafs to the rear leaf pack to help level it out a bit more and help with towing.

My BFG AT KO2s are getting low and I'd like to move to a 17" wheel and get rid of my Fuel Hostages.
So I'm looking at getting some TRD RockWarrior wheels and a set of Kenda Kevlar A/Ts and probably some wheel spacers.
Are the RW wheels 8" wide? Whats the largest tire you can fit with an OME kit and stock fenders? Looking at 315/70/R17
Looks like an awesome build man! I have the exact same suspension set up as you. A lot of guys are running 35"12.5's with no issues at all I'm currently running these and fit flawlessly with 1.25" spider Trax spacers.

LT285/75R17 (34X11.50R17)

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like an awesome build man! I have the exact same suspension set up as you. A lot of guys are running 35"12.5's with no issues at all I'm currently running these and fit flawlessly with 1.25" spider Trax spacers.

LT285/75R17 (34X11.50R17)
Thanks! Your truck looks awesome too! Thanks for the info. That black ring on the RW wheels looks great. Hopefully I can pool some money together for some!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a feeler but could turn real very soon. Looking to sell the Tundra for $25k. I moved to Arizona and although there's a lot of fun stuff to do out here, I need to get into something a bit more economical. Thanks!

2010 TRD Rock Warrior
160,000 miles
Leer XR100 topper, carpeted, lights, net. Thule roof rack w/ Yakima basket w/ extension
Bed is insulated on bottom and windows with bed slide out storage on one side and storage for 2 bicycles on the other
Aluminess rear bumper with work lights, work lights not installed yet
Bully dog GT+ tuner brand new not installed
Ikon leafs added to pack
Ipod interface to stock non JBL GPS unit
JBA long tube headers, BAMufflers mid pipes (2 metallic, 2 ceramic cats), TRD mufflers, BAMufflers tailpipes that dump out between rear axle and spare
Most everything is listed on this thread. The truck has been used off road but nothing crazy (I've never had to use the winch other than to move non running vehicles)
I have done a lot of work to this truck and have been employed as a mechanic since I was 17.
If you have any questions feel free to call/text Alex at 8153559956

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's been at least a year since I posted last. I haven't done hardly anything to the truck other than a few oil changes. It has 170000 on it now.

Anyways, I managed to acquire a set of Rock Warrior wheels along with some Spidertrax spacers, Equal Flexx wheel weights (kinda like sand in a bag that balances your wheels) and Falken at3w tires in 315/70 R17. I'm not sure if I'm going to reuse my TPMS sensors or trick/ turn off the light. My cousin added a switch in his 4Runner to turn it off then back on if desired. The threads I've read for Tundras talk about adding resistors and diodes seems a bit much.

I have a bunch of other little items to address such as... leaf spring isolators, a boogerd up wheel stud, lower ball joints, alignment for the new tires and replace the supercharger coupler that has been klacking for far too long.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Sounds like you since changed your mind about selling your Tundra? If you can, post some updated photos as I bet the Rock Warrior wheels with spacers look pretty good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
New pics.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry its been so long. I will post pics soon. Almost nothing has changed except wheels and tires. I dont drive it a ton anymore. I now own 2 Subarus, a Harley and now a Honda Ruckus. The Tundra has been getting all of the maintenance done since I found a buyer for the truck. I do have a question I havent been able to find the answer for though. I have a P0101 code, MAF circuit range. It doesnt set the CEL right away but the code does pop up almost immediately without the truck running (key on). Since its not running and the key is just on it leads me to believe that its the wiring. Anyone else have this issue? I dont want to rip into the harness unless I have to. Hopefully Im just overlooking something! The truck is supercharged with a TRD intake and has been since I got it (I've read about guys turning the tube for their CAIs and solving it that way, unfortunately my MAF is in the box for the air cleaner which I have shimmed and got no further).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This thing is sitting rotting away in my driveway. It has 172000 on it now. I changed the front diff, rear diff and t case fluid, supercharger coupler and a few other things. Going to take it to the shop and try to trouble shoot the P0101 code thats been the real thorn in my side with this truck. It will be for sale once the code is fixed and the alignment is done and all the other codes are cleared. I still owe on it and the bank its financed through is only in CO and Im in AZ. Its a process to get the title. My goal is to get it ready take it for one last off road trip to take some pictures, then take it to overland expo in Flagstaff to see if it stirs up any interest. Id like to get somewhere in the range of $25k for it still but thats probably not that realistic. Im willing to give anyone on the forum a decent deal as well. If anyone is interested or knows someone who is, please let me know. Thank you!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’ also changed the supercharger oil with oil from John Bond and a new plug. The capacity for the TRD Magnuson supercharger is 205ML or 6.932FL OZ. I’m looking into the P0101 code and found this at the throttle body wiring.

I pulled the sheathing down around the red and green wire and it looks like the other wire is bare as far as I can see. I’m really curious as to what that bare wire is for.
The code does show up on my Matco scanner right away but doesn’t set the CEL until later. I was able to drive around the issue to get all the readiness monitors set and pass emissions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts