Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from a trip from Phoenix area to Durango and back pulling my travel trailer. This has been the first trip we have taken that has exceeded 1000 miles (we ran around 1500 or so including wheeling).

Truck and trailer loaded up and ready to go.

Trailer is a 2007 Jayco 19H. Loaded weight is around 4500#, tongue is around 600-700#. No weight distributing hitch. Rear has CB shackles, Toytec AAL, Airlift 5000s with 45psi in them for the trip. I knew from experience making this trip last year with my 4Runner that fuel would be a problem so I purchased the Transferflow 46 gallon tank prior to this trip.

Power, tremendous. I pulled up the mountain grades without a hiccup. Downshift, lay the hammer down, and off she went. Averaged 9.7 MPG and did nothing to help fuel economy. The AFE exhaust and intake really increased the sound, which is a positive for a bit, but a negative on a long grade.

Handling, great. I ran a single sway controller, no weight distribution. Had no issue with sway, no issue with unloading the front axle. A few pretty decent bumps on the highway that I would have thought would have unloaded it didn't. She took it in stride.

Range, the Transferflow tank was phenomenal. I pulled from Durango to Flagstaff before the gas light came on with 10 gallons remaining in the tank. This was with missing a turn and driving about 50-75 miles out of the way. It was nice to have no worry going through the desolate desert and not worry about running out of fuel. Had I been on the stock tank it would have been a pain in the ass.

All in all I am very impressed with this truck and the setup I have on it now. I would highly recommend the Transferflow tank for those that pull a long distance. It was nice to have a pleasant experience towing the trailer, then hitting the trails and having a killer offroad machine.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
The AFE exhaust and intake really increased the sound, which is a positive for a bit, but a negative on a long grade.
Man, I could not agree more with this statement. I love my K&N and BAMuffler for day-to-day driving but when I haul through elevation climbs it quickly becomes just plain annoying. I have been giving serious thoughts of going back to stock on both just because of the annoyance when towing.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
love the plate :)

Reactions: brockeverly

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
lol I should do that for mine!!!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Man, I could not agree more with this statement. I love my K&N and BAMuffler for day-to-day driving but when I haul through elevation climbs it quickly becomes just plain annoying. I have been giving serious thoughts of going back to stock on both just because of the annoyance when towing.
I agree with this too, my wife said when she first heard it "what is that noise???" It is annoying but not enough to make me want to rid of my Corsa/K&N combo. Love it too much otherwise. :lol5:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts