Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for my first truck and am overwhelmed with the options.
I currently drive a BMW 335i and would like a truck so I have more space, can tow when necessary and drive in all kinds of weather (to get to ski areas)

I have a few questions that I've been unable to find unambiguous information on.

I'm currently looking at the Tundra CrewMax (as in researching online) since this seems to be the only truck with reclining rear seats.
Reclining rear seats are very important to me since it will be easier for the kids to sleep in the back and I can drive peacefully.

There seems to be very little info online about these reclining seats.
Are they available on all CrewMax models? Or are these only available on the CrewMax Platinum? Do I need the Platinum to get leather seats? Are heated rear seats an option?

I plan to take a trip to a dealer and test drive the truck sometime this week and figured it would be good to have this information before hand.

thanks,
V

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Not sure if this will help you but all rear seats on the Crewmax up until 2014 (new body style) will recline. Rumor has it the new body does not recline.

In order, the Platinum is the highest end Tundra, then comes the Limited, followed by a bunch of SR5 variants.

TRD package will give you a rougher, read stiffer, ride
Rock Warrior package will give you fancy wheels, color matched bumpers and grill. Pretty much the same as a TRD package really.

Go test drive for sure. Be sure to get the 5.7. Don't buy into any gas cost savings. You will kick yourself (possibly) if you get the 4.6.

Use the Toyota website to research and look at pictures. Then, when you purchase the truck, come back here to REALLY start spending some money! :D

· Registered
1,078 Posts
No heated rear seats of any kind that I know of. My crewmax sr5 rear seats recline as well. Big plus with having kids.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
8,147 Posts
In addition to reclining seats, CM comes with sliding rear window (they slide up and down just like the side windows). I believe that CM is the only truck with that option currently. This is one of my favorite features.

SR5 doesn't come with leather, even though you might be able to get that option in some configuration. It probably will be cheaper to get leather aftermarket.

Reactions: Mickey

· Registered
86 Posts
Buy the Tundra and don't look back! But remember, just because it is a truck it doesn't nessicerely do better in highway snowy conditions. An all-wheel drive car does great on snowy/icey roads. The only way a truck is good is if it is in 4x4. I can't tell you how many people here in rural Wyoming, have 4x4 SUV's and pickups, and drive them to and from in two wheel drive on a snowy day.:rolleyes:

· Registered
85 Posts
In addition to reclining seats, CM comes with sliding rear window (they slide up and down just like the side windows). I believe that CM is the only truck with that option currently. This is one of my favorite features.

SR5 doesn't come with leather, even though you might be able to get that option in some configuration. It probably will be cheaper to get leather aftermarket.
My SR5 TRD option has the rear sliding window...it doesn't slide up and down, rather left and right.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
All 2007+ Crewmax's come with the Vertical Power Sliding Rear Window, and have sliding and reclining rear seats, regardless of trim. No Double cabs have either of these options, regardless of trim. You can get a Horizontal Power Rear window on a DC. The only other truck with a Vertical Sliding rear window is the Nissan Titan Crew Cab (2004+)

Reactions: vasuvius
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.