Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have an 07 4x4 with about 105k miles on it that needs a brake job quite badly. I figured I would try to do this myself as I've had bad luck with dealerships or mechanic shops, I've watched enough youtube videos to understand what needs to be done, so I don't think it should be too bad. For a while now my truck has made a chirping noise that sounds like its coming from the rear, but its hard to tell exactly. Someone pulled up beside me when I was driving and told me that it sounds like my wheel bearing is going to F up, apparently he was a mechanic, so I'm guessing my bearing needs to be replaced. I do have 35's on my truck with a slight lift, so I'm not sure if this causes extra wear on the bearings or not, but it doesn't sound too unlikely that they would need to be replaced by now. Basically my question is, if I buy the wheel hub assembly instead of just the bearing itself, would I still need a shop press for the install?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
713 Posts
The front wheel bearing usually comes as a hub assembly. The rear wheel bearing press on/off the axle shaft. The axle shaft is fairly simple to remove if you are mechanically inclined.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts