Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, I recently purchased a used Tundra.
It is a 2012 Tundra Crewmax with a JBL dash-mounted Nav System. The camera in the tailgate is severely scratched. I would like to replace it with a new camera. I want to just unplug it in the tailgate and replace it with a new one. Cost on OEM from Toyota is $472.90. Obviously I do not want to pay this much. Is there a replacement aftermarket camera that will bolt right in and plug into the existing harness and work with my existing Nav System?

I see a few on-line but not sure if they will install as I described above. (I believe these cameras are 6 volt)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen this. But this cannot connect to the plug in my tailgate.
It has a RCA Jack. The website says:
  • Before purchasing check the back of your Monitor/Screen that you have a Yellow RCA input for easy installation.
  • This tailgate handle is not recommended to be installed with Factory Navigation/Monitor units. It is possible but requires professional installation.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I know you don't want to modify anything, but couldn't you cut the connection off your existing one and put it on this camera?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
If links aren't allowed. Please delete. But I bought this for my 2011

New member here, I recently purchased a used Tundra.
It is a 2012 Tundra Crewmax with a JBL dash-mounted Nav System. The camera in the tailgate is severely scratched. I would like to replace it with a new camera. I want to just unplug it in the tailgate and replace it with a new one. Cost on OEM from Toyota is $472.90. Obviously I do not want to pay this much. Is there a replacement aftermarket camera that will bolt right in and plug into the existing harness and work with my existing Nav System?

I see a few on-line but not sure if they will install as I described above. (I believe these cameras are 6 volt)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas guy/girls. The ebay link is exactly what I need but when I try to order it they will not ship to Canada where I live. ;(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts