Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do anyone know is there any switch that fits like Oem in the blank on the climate control ? I remember I read some switches aftermarket fit and looks Oem ... Any input be great !!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Look at vendors for marine boat parts. They should have a very wide selection of buttons, switches etc (overtons etc.), a lot more than your local autozone at least. Either there or go to an audio place and ask them to find you something. That way they will do the work of finding it for you probably.

My vote goes for replacing all the factory buttons with push-pulls and toggles!

Reactions: AKtrd

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have a nice switch now but I'm looking for something more factory look which fits in the blank flush with a quick disconnect harness and I know I have seen someone post it a while back

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where can I find a guide to take the area of blanks where the USB/ipod connector is located. Looks like there are 3 blanks there and I have a project in mind but have no idea to access the back area to take a blank out.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Joe

·
Registered
95 Posts
if you look for directions on how to remove the radio, it includes that section. there are a few other screws and panels you have to pull before the part with the usb comes out, but it is easy. then the blanks are just snapped in there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
With the split front seats there were no screws, just popped the dash panel out a little and the control knobs and blanks section kinda popped out as well. All blanks had wires run to them for different add-on I don't have. Popped out the blank I wanted to use, drilled a pilot hole through the blank and into the ball support of a Garmin Nuvi I've had for a long time, (but since it has life time upgrades why not). Will probably run wire under console to DC plug in in console box at a later.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts