Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I "Was" going to go to a local stereo place and have them put in a new head-unit and component speakers as well as an amp and sub but after everything else i'm doing i just cant afford $2600 for that.

I do however want to replace the stock speakers since they suck (I have non JBL). I am looking for a set of Coaxials to replace front doors, rear doors as well as the tweeters in dash.

My only requirement for this is I don't want to do any cutting of the speaker grill like for the Infinity Kappa's (While I know the kappas are great, I don't want to cut/maim the interior to put them in).

I'd like to keep it around $500-$800 or less for the 6 speakers total.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Alpine type r's would be a good choice. U will have to get a door shim kit for the front door. The kit will run u about 13 bucks on eBay. The rear door u will have to cut out the old speaker out of its mounting hardware which is easy. Push the cone out with our hands and cut the plastic blamo ready to install

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Reactions: OsiViper

·
Registered
270 Posts
No maiming of anything except the rear door speaker. Which u would had thrown away anyway

Reactions: OsiViper

·
Registered
270 Posts
Will u be adding a sub? 6.5 have a better quality sound. They will be more crisp than a 6x9.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I run 6.5 in all doors. A round speaker will always sound better than a non round speaker.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Won't Be doing sub for now, not enough $$.
So would 6.5 Front and back be better?

Having to shell out a lot of money right now for Bed Liner, Tint, Lift, Wheels, Tires, Intake, Fender Flare, Hypertech Speedo Calibration and LED Lights.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If u will be doing a sub eventually go with 6.5s. If no sub ever go 6x9

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will probably be doing a sub eventually so ill stick with 6.5's

I looked at these brackets on eBay.
They are kind of confusing though. This one says its for the front door, and This one says its for the rear door, but they look backwards.

They say they are for 6.5" speakers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
321160905073 are the ones u want for the front doors. Its the 2nd one u posted. The others are for the rear doors

·
Registered
270 Posts
If u want to make it crazy easy get both because then u don't have to destroy ur stock rear speaker

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now. if only I could get wiring harnesses (height of lazy)..

Now what about for the dash speakers? should I just leave em?

·
Registered
270 Posts
When I ordered mine I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if they realise they have that wrong. Then again Toyota can't figure out that there vehicles r prewired for a lot of shit lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
Some do not have dash speakers. Did urs come with them?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I believe platinum sells this stuff as well. I think he could get u hooked up with a dash kit and the harnesses u will need for the head unit. For the speakers just reuse the harnesses that come on our stock speakers. As it will make it simple plug and play for install day

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would change them then. When u add the sub they will really make a difference

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok. Well. Im lookin at
I could get that and install it with the speakers and everything for around $600 total.

My question is, will everything still work on the steering wheel? Such as Volume, Mode, Track Next/Prev as well as the Talk Key and Phone keys?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts