Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinkin of a replacement for the factory one and looked at the other posts ,didn!t care for none of them especially the flesh tone one someone must of got out of a Prius !so here is the one I installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Now that is cool. I wonder if I could do that with a Magpul MOE grip right side up. I guess I first need to figure out how to remove the stock shifter.

·
"A Man Needs A Maid"
1,277 Posts
^^ It's threaded, just unscrew it. Lefty loosy, righty tighty.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Seriously? There's no weird screw underneath I have to unscrew? Just unscrew the entire knob? Seems almost......too easy.

·
"A Man Needs A Maid"
1,277 Posts
Seriously? There's no weird screw underneath I have to unscrew? Just unscrew the entire knob? Seems almost......too easy.
Yup easy. Unscrew the handle off the shaft.

Reactions: argyle64

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm actually thinking about wrapping the grip in paracord.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Argyle64, I was gonna mount it right side up but couldn't think of a way to cap it,so I went upside down and used a pistol grip cap, felt better that way too.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Is that an actual shift knob or did you modify some Hogue wrap around grips?
It's a standard A2 grip off an AR-15. I have a million of them since I build AR's as my business. I just screwed it on with some red Loctite. I'm actually going to pull it off and fiberglass fill the gap on the top then cerakote it to make it all pretty like. ;)

Reactions: Vepil

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's a standard A2 grip off an AR-15. I have a million of them since I build AR's as my business. I just screwed it on with some red Loctite. I'm actually going to pull it off and fiberglass fill the gap on the top then cerakote it to make it all pretty like. ;)
how fun is it building AR's everyday?? does anything change? or do you just build the same ones day in and day out? are they built by hand?

how many do you do a day?

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
After you do that, send it to me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
how fun is it building AR's everyday?? does anything change? or do you just build the same ones day in and day out? are they built by hand?

how many do you do a day?
I love building them. I find it very enjoyable. Each rifle is different. Most people want a quad rail forend but others want a basic handguard. There's always an option someone wants different than another person.

I do build them by hand. I purchase all the different components and assemble the rifle.

Each one takes a few hours to build. Unfortunately business is really slow. I offer a high quality custom built rifle for a lot less than a regular off the shelf/mass produced rifle and I still only do about one a month right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Get outta my head!!! Lol, I was thinking today on my way to work about using an aluminum casting of a glock (think training red gun) and making a suffer knob out of it. Well done fellas. I have A2 hand grips also, I was also considering maybe a 1911 and pick your panels to match

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 42 Posts