Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I installed my Corsa exhaust last year, I have noticed that the exhaust feels "loose", it moves around quite a bit on the hangars. I think I may have stretched the bushings too much when installing it. Does anyone know of any aftermarket exhaust hangar bushings that are stiffer than factory or should I just replace them with new oem ones?

Thanks!

Reactions: JOSH 5.7

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Go to your local exhaust shop and explain this problem to them. They will be able to give you a stronger hanger and bushing so it's snug and not loose feeling. Normally on those rubber hangers they do get hot from the exhaust heat and they tend to expand which can cause the loose feeling and if it's a bad quality one your tailpipe can fall down.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
just take one off and take it down to Autozone. They have rubber grommets that are similar with a much smaller hole for the hanger to go thru, just match it up. You may even have to drill em out a little bit. Very tight fit.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I found replacement bushings on Amazon that are inexpensive. I'll check Autozone first and if no luck there order from Amazon. I know for a lot of cars there are aftermarket bushings that are stiffer than OEM, was hoping to find some for Tundra, but it doesn't seem they exist.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
THIS IS WHY I "camp out" on these forums! Just ordered my exhaust hanger for my Corsa that moves too much and hangs too low:eek:.:thx: to Dirtydeeds and Jbroas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts