Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i found my rear cab window broken. anyone here ever replaced the rear window on their tundra..back cab window no slider, and tented, how hard is it to replace....

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would call the dealership to get a part number.. then look for the part online.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would call the dealership to get a part number.. then look for the part online.
i can get the window , i was trying to remove the broken one, been out most of the evening trying to remove it. man it its beyond my expertise , never seen one like this, have not ever done one like this...looks very hard to do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G

·
Can't tell if you have a crewmax or not but they have 16 rivets you must drill out.

Regular and double cab doesn't have rivets.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't tell if you have a crewmax or not but they have 16 rivets you must drill out.

Regular and double cab doesn't have rivets.
mine is a 2009 tundra double cab.thanks for the info. i cant tell if its glued in or what, looks like a plastic and rubber frame around the glass..and the glass is glued to it...just thought i would save some time and money and get the glass out and cleaned up...right now i have a big mess...lol...glass place wants $478.95 to do it at my house...

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
OHHH, AND TINTED...

I was like tented? WHat whatttt wha?

I thought you had meant you had a tent sleeper deal on the bed and somehow the window got broken...

I would call glass places see how much then see what my glass deductible is and go from there.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
today i found my rear cab window broken. anyone here ever replaced the rear window on their tundra..back cab window no slider, and tented, how hard is it to replace....
This is what confused me

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i checked with my insurance company and the deductible is $475.00...sooo i will just have to bite the bullet and do it my self, my son has a friend that works for a glass place that will furnish the glass and install it for $300.00 , i think that will be the way i will go....thanks every one for the info. i think he will do it on monday. i will be around to see how he gets it out..because inquiry minds need to know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well the guy from Lubbock came and put my new back glass in today, this guy is good, the double cab back glass is glued in ,he did a great job and only charged me $300.00 installed at home....so i saved over $170.00 off what the other glass places could do it for....good day for me. and i know how the glass comes out now. thanks ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So how does the glass comes out? Is replacing it easy?
the glass man cut the rubber around the back side of the glass and then went in behind the glass with a box cutter like knife , and cut the seal on the back side between the glass and cab. is that clear as mud....there is a rubber on the glass around the outside, and then the gasket and glass is glued to the cab together, i was trying to save the rubber , and the new glass comes with it on the new glass, he made it look easy. hope this helps .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Tundra. I just bought the window regulator. The only problem is I can't find a video online how to install it. I started replacing it that I have a problem with two screws that get mounted in the back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts