Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s asked over and over but there are so many variable answers. I currently have the stock black wheels with stock BFG KO’s. Truck came leveled, 3/1 is what the dealer said. The tires are at least 2” inside the fender flares. What offset and tire size can I get to bring them closest to the flare with minimal modifications. I’m ok with some cutting and trimming. Thanks in advance and sorry I just can’t find the answer I’m searching for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Which stock black wheels?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d like to switch to 18” wheel. I believe the stock wheels are +50? How close to 0 offset can I go? 0 should push the tire out 2” correct? But ready old post people were saying stay away from 0 cause that opens up other problems? What problem are they referring to?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thinking about the monster 2’s or rockstar 2’s. Very undecided on tires. I’d like a all terrain that can get close to 50k miles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any information on how much offset of a wheel I️ can run with 3/1 level would be appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
115 Posts
+35 offset will get you flush with the fenders without the aftermarket flares and will give you more flexibility on larger tires with less cutting/trimming but you'll still be tucked inside the fender flares.
+20 will get you flush with the fender flares.
If you go with +20 probably the largest tire you can go with is a 33" unless you're willing to do the BMC in which case you can go up to a 35" but you'll also probably have to trim your skid plate.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
As soon as you compress your suspension a couple inches, any clearance you gained with the lift disappears.

I have 325/65r18s (which are fat 35s) on +25 offset and I think they'd stick out enough to look good with your flares. Other options would be 35x12.5 or 295/70r18s (a little smaller) or 285/75r18s (little taller and narrower).

I needed to do the BMC. You should probably plan on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+35 offset will get you flush with the fenders without the aftermarket flares and will give you more flexibility on larger tires with less cutting/trimming but you'll still be tucked inside the fender flares.
+20 will get you flush with the fender flares.
If you go with +20 probably the largest tire you can go with is a 33" unless you're willing to do the BMC in which case you can go up to a 35" but you'll also probably have to trim your skid plate.

33” tire is what I’m leaning towards. The monster 2’s come in +18 so I’m going to look into those. I’m ok with some trimming but I️ don’t want to do any body mount cutting. I’m still undecided on the wheel but this information is definitely helping narrowing it down

Thanks for all the replies

·
Registered
307 Posts
33” tire is what I’m leaning towards. The monster 2’s come in +18 so I’m going to look into those. I’m ok with some trimming but I️ don’t want to do any body mount cutting. I’m still undecided on the wheel but this information is definitely helping narrowing it down

Thanks for all the replies

I have top setting 5100's and 285/70R18 on +18 offset all I had to do was trim the skid plate and push the fender liner a bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Updating an old post. I went with +18 offset and 305/65/18. Removed the small fender flaps in the front and only have minimal rubbing in reverse at a full lock. Sorry it took me a year to get on here and post. I’m very satisfied

1 - 13 of 13 Posts