Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a black rock warrior slightly used, has a hideous pinstripe that I'd like to remove, any tips? I picked about 18" section off in about 10 minutes, it'll take me a day to remove the rest. Would a heat gun, hair dryer help loosen up the adhesive, or any other ideas? :confused:

· Registered
403 Posts
wait for a nice hot and sunny day then let the truck heat up. should be a lot easier then. worked for my debaging.

· Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Heat gun or sun. I used the sun because it was cheaper. Pin stripe is just tape on the paint. So is the black post tape on the pillars. I removed that on a sunny day and a spray can of sticker removal. It all came off along with my debadging within 2 hours to do all my debadging.

· Registered
198 Posts
Buy an eraser wheel. Hooks up to your drill. People use it to remove the adhesive after debadging.
yea i should have done that my dumb ass used a heat gun it works doesnt hurt anything just leaves the glue behind...then u gotta use something like goo gone to remove it takes forever...i should have got the 3m eraser

· "The Closer"
10,370 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.