Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do you get the residue left from the stickers off? Goo gone didn't do the trick...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537

·
"A Man Needs A Maid"
1,277 Posts
Don't use your fingernails...

·
Registered
181 Posts
How the hell do you get the residue left from the stickers off? Goo gone didn't do the trick...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537
I use one of these. They work very well.

I've used then on the decals in my motorcycle and on the truck when I retaped the window visors. Hook it to a drill or grinder. Don't sit on one spot too long or it could burn through the paint, esp on plastic. Just work it back and forth. After just blow it wipe away the eraser bits that get left behind. Oh, and when it wears down, be careful because there is a metal disc inside that will can eff stuff up. Get one, you won't be disappointed.
Sent from my HTC One

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
The link posted above didn't work when I clicked on it so this may be repetitive but a 3m eraser wheel is the way to go. Just attaches to your drill and takes any adhesive from debadging off. About $30 bucks but well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Stoners Tarminator works good also, available locally at walmart and auto stores. Let it sock on there then wipe off. I've removed 2 sets using it, there is no need to use an eraser wheel, I tried that also and it left behind fine scratches that I had to polish out.

·
Super Moderator
10,869 Posts
I use this cheaper alternative to the 3M wheel and it works great.

[ame=http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00488DDB8/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: AES Industries 4" Smart Eraser Pad with Drill Adaptor Arbor [Made In USA]: Automotive[/ame]

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
^^^Where were you before I dropped $30 on the 3M?!?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts