Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Platinum Crewmax and it came with factory remote start that has a short working distance. I wanted to get the app for this but it is not available. They say the factory remote start has to go and then they can install a unit such as Audio vox car link, etc. Any one come across this/
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2012 Platinum Crewmax and it came with factory remote start that has a short working distance. I wanted to get the app for this but it is not available. They say the factory remote start has to go and then they can install a unit such as Audio vox car link, etc. Any one come across this/
Thanks

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thanks
You will need an aftermarket remote start, I would recommend the directed electronics products, and fir the needed bypassed the fl can, t those are the products I sell the most of because of the quality and installation ease.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Pull the factory remote start and sell it on the forum. Then get the new alarm/remote start installed.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Does the factory remote start also control the alarm?
The factory remote controls the factory alarm and remote start and alarm but they are Spears products, if you pull the factory remote start the alarm will still work and if you use the flash logic bypass you can program it to turn the factory alarm on and off just like now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the factory alarm is removed and say Audio vox car link is installed, will my key fob control alrm and doors and remote start?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If the factory alarm is removed and say Audio vox car link is installed, will my key fob control alrm and doors and remote start?
It will control the alarm and door locks, with the fl can it can be programmed to also control the remote start but don't count on it working all of the time. It also won't be from the factory remote start button the only way to set it up is to pah the lock button 2 or 3 times to stay the truck, if you want a remote start and smart phone app the best thing to do is install an aftermarket remote start and add the smartphone to it. The audiovox product isn't bad but I wou k d recommend the dei the price is about the same and I have seen better reliability from them than any other system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts