Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my tundra ( 2012 tundra crew max rock warrior) I got remote start put in , I was just curious to if i could change out the FOB for my truck so I can see when it is actually turned on or would I have to get a whole new remote start put in with that feature.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am no expert but as far as I know remote starts come in 1-way or 2-way. One ways allow you to start your car(obviously). Two ways allow you to start it but they also send a signal back to the remote letting you know that it has been started. If you have a 1-way, you will need a new remote start :(

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am no expert but as far as I know remote starts come in 1-way or 2-way. One ways allow you to start your car(obviously). Two ways allow you to start it but they also send a signal back to the remote letting you know that it has been started. If you have a 1-way, you will need a new remote start :(
That's what I was affraid of, I guess I will just have to get a nice loud ass exhaust system on it so i can hear it from my house with out having to check, cause it gets kinda chilly up here in North Dakota lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
mine will send a horn beep if it's already started and i try to start it again which is pretty cool cause there's no guessing if it's running...idk what system is in it cause it was in when i bought the truck used...idk why it does this but i can leave my a/c on when i get out of the truck and when i start it the a/c will not come on till i put the key in the ignition and turn it forward then it's flashing and i have to turn it off then back on...kinda defeats the pupose in the summer here in Texas but it's nice for the winter so the truck will be warmed up when i get in it...i would really like the a/c feature but i couldn't get any advice awhile back when i posted about it...all in all it's still a nice feature...don't know the brand or model but this is what the fob looks like

Attachments

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
yep, need a new system if you really wanna know if it's running...

ASSUMING YOU WENT WITH THE FACTORY UNIT...

It will actually try to start 2 or 3 times before it decides its a fail to start and de-activates.

Mine has worked good, just distance and not knowing sucks compared to the 2 way I had before.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
When I bought my tundra ( 2012 tundra crew max rock warrior) I got remote start put in , I was just curious to if i could change out the FOB for my truck so I can see when it is actually turned on or would I have to get a whole new remote start put in with that feature.

Any help is appreciated.
Get a loud exhaust, when u turn it on u will know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts