Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 Thundra SR5 that I recently purchase a compustar remote start for. Had best buy install it but they were not able to make it work. Supposedly my truck has the wiring installed from factory but never had remote start installed. They are telling me that the only remote start I can install is a factory one, which all know they suck. Has anyone else had this issue? If how did you deal with it?

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
I have a 14 Thundra SR5 that I recently purchase a compustar remote start for. Had best buy install it but they were not able to make it work. Supposedly my truck has the wiring installed from factory but never had remote start installed. They are telling me that the only remote start I can install is a factory one, which all know they suck. Has anyone else had this issue? If how did you deal with it?
I would say that they have no idea, like most Best Buy installers. All the trucks are pre-wired from the factory for a plug in factory remote start. But that is typically not the only option.

There are two different keys, one is a G chip key, I forget the other. But you can probably search online and find others that will work, or check a real car audio shop.

I have the Fortin Evo One on my 17.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Step 1 - get money back
Step 2 - 12volt.solutions
Step 3 - install yourself in an hour or less
Step 5 - profit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts