Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
He Has Risen!
6,318 Posts
That's great. A muscle car should beat a pickup. So, it shouldn't be impressive if it can. And it's 2012. So, congrats to Ford, for finally making a V6 that can move a vehicle.
I was comparing Mustangs to other sports cars and super cars. Cars that have been putting big numbers down with V6's and tiny V8's for ages. Cars that are engineered for performance, from the ground up, not just a giant motor, sittin on 4 wheels.
All Mustangs do is put big HP numbers on paper. And they need big V8's to do it. People act like Ford revolutionized the sport car world, with their "new" V6's that make power. We still have the moonshine runner mentallity to building cars over here and cars like the Mustang are giggled at by people that drive/built/race real cars. If you want 800 hp for redlight racing, go for it. But where else would you use it? No one with their pick of any car, would choose one for a road course. Or even a drag race, for that matter. Of course, mustang fanboys resent remarks like this. But it is what it is. I don't tend to get all worked up over American muscle cars and give them more credit than they deserve, like most people. Doesn't mean I don't think they look cool or appreciate the nostalgia though.
Don't get me wrong, I like how some of the new, beefier Mustangs look and love the exhaust sound. And who doesn't love a classic like the '67. But they don't compare with European engineering.
I'm not hating on Mustangs and certainly don't envy the owners. I just look at it objectively and comparitively. Some poeple are hopelessly devoted to certain vehicles and refuse to see it objectively. Even when they get beat by a stock, 6000# pickup. :lol5:

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Mustang owners must think all us Tundra owners are rich cuz every one of us they race keeps beating them. Probably wondering how the heck every tundra owner can afford a super-charger :D

Never occurred to them in that thread that maybe the stock 5.7 can smoke some mustang and make horse jerky outta them.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Mustangs don't turn my head until you start getting into the more exotic models. My mommy has an 89 LX 5.0 (50K original miles) so all mustangs are driven by old women. Haha, just a stab but I don't want to drive what my mom does even though her's is damn fast for what it is. (She special ordered the police intercepter model whatever that means. I think it has different heads, different rear end, and different tranny.) Little ole' lady from Pasadena.

I do like the new Camaro and really like the Challenger. They are not mine to own however. I'd rather have a true sports car that I could take in the twisties and throw around like a rag doll. Doesn't have to have all the power in the world, I just want it to handle like no other.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
^^ does she want to sell it?? :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Heh I tend to love Mustang owners... My uncle has a quick one. 07 GT500 with the full Steeda performance and suspension packages.

That said, I've beaten 4.6 Mustangs with exhaust and intake with my old Dakota 4.7 4x4 extended cab, bone stock. And that's a really shittily designed intake tract if you look at it. 200 HP 300 ft/lbs stock.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
^^ does she want to sell it?? :D
I try to convince her daily. No dice. She has a tough time with it as the clutch is HD and a bitch even for me. She will not budge. Her baby. Sigh...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I try to convince her daily. No dice. She has a tough time with it as the clutch is HD and a bitch even for me. She will not budge. Her baby. Sigh...:rolleyes:
Damn!!! All the ones I find around here either have too much done to them or they're rusted to hell

·
Registered
964 Posts
Damn!!! All the ones I find around here either have too much done to them or they're rusted to hell
Start shopping around here. Rust isn't much of an issue and fox bodies are a dime a dozen.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts